Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Traxxas 2.4 radio and receiver question, need help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas 2.4 radio and receiver question, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 AM
yannicksjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas 2.4 radio and receiver question, need help!

I just got a traxxas 1/16 e revo (used) and it came with the 2.4 radio. can i use this radio to control my other models if i buy other receivers? thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas 2.4 radio and receiver question, need help!

There are three different versions of Traxxas 2.4ghz radio. I'm not sure if the Mini E-Revo you got originally came with it or someone upgraded it.

The first was the older grey cased radio with 4ch receiver. If you have this one you can use it with more than one receiver, but you'll have to rebind it to the receiver you want to use each time. It can't be bound to more than one receiver at once.

Then there is the newer black cased "standard" 2.4ghz radio which uses the 5ch link rx, again this one can't be bound to more than one receiver at a time. This one will say TQ 2.4ghz on it at the top near the adjustment knobs.

Then there is the newer black cased "High Output" 2.4ghz radio with the Link feature, which also uses the 5ch link rx. This one can be bound to twenty different receivers and has model memory so it can store seperate settings for each receiver. This one will say "TQ Traxxas Link" at the top near the adjustment knobs. This is the one the newer Mini E-Revo's with 2.4ghz radios come with.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
yannicksjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas 2.4 radio and receiver question, need help!

Thanks. i don't actualy have it yet (should be here tommorrow) but it was upgrade so i have no idea which one it is. thanks alor for your help!