Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help needed: Thermoswitch for water cooled Tmaxx....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help needed: Thermoswitch for water cooled Tmaxx....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:51 PM
phootbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed: Thermoswitch for water cooled Tmaxx....

I'm looking for a thermoswitch for the cooling fan on my water cooled trxpro.15 engine. I need help deciding what temp rating to choose and what location to place the switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:08 AM
rc10gtplusR2R

you can do that water cooled that is cool do u have a pic of that
Old 07-18-2003, 01:39 AM
drf

Well you could get a thermoswitch that is made for real cars. You can get them in various temperatures, down to 130 degrees farenheit if I remember correctly but they are quite big in size. Alternativelly you can use a electronic one, but you need to know some things about electronics.If you make it electronically it would be adjustable and very robust. I could help if you want to try the electronic one.
By the way how are you cycling the water??Be careful because if the water cooler is quite efficient and you are circling the water too fast you will get the engine cold(and probably damage it if you run it fast for a long time)

Ideally you should put the thermoswitch on the engine,as close to the cylinder as possible so that you keep it at a stable temperature. Obviously the temperature would be the temperature you engine runs usually (I guess something around 150-200 farenheit--also check you manual,it may say the optimum temperature)
Old 07-18-2003, 02:15 AM
rc10gtplusR2R

why
Old 07-18-2003, 04:45 AM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

yeah why