Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tranny trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 PM
weeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny trouble

It appears that i had stripped aleast one gear in my transmission of my Viper. I have not had time to get it apart to see all the damage but i can see one gear in bad shape. I was wondering if i can buy the gears individually or do i have to get a whole new tranny and is there any upgrades that may last longer?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tranny trouble

You can get all the gears seperate, some people use the 05126 trans with a cb13 clutch bell to replace the gear reduction trans that comes stock on the viper xst
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
weeze

Well that fit in without modifying anything and will it change the performance any?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
ehroof

its a direct fit, you may loose a little on take off but will gain on top speed.  You just take out the old trans and put in the new one.  Do you know which gear you stripped?  It would be cheaper to just replace the gear.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
weeze

I believe it is the small gear at the front on the tranny but not for sure. I think I'm going to get a list of parts together of what I need to make it worth the cost of shipping. I'm thinking of going with you suggestion of the different tranny and clutch bell I'm also thinking about the extenders for the wheels and i will need the front wheel hubs. What do you think of the aluminum up grades for the plastic parts?

Thanks alot
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
ehroof

I love the look of aluminum, its more durable but if you hit something and it bends, its history.  Plastic is cheaper to replace then aluminum but the bling factor is very nice. 
Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
weeze

I'm not about the bling as much as durablilty so i guess plastic my still be better then as far as cost. Could you tell me roughly shipping cost to Ontario Canada and can I buy through the website?

thank you
Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 AM
ehroof

Email us your order, you can copy and past from the website, we will send you the shipping cost, it really depends on what you get.  Parts are usually $12 or so.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:34 PM
weeze

do you have the part # for the wheel extenders? I'm looking for the 1 1/2 viper ones.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
ehroof

Get in contact with Rob from wheelextensions.com

Let him know that Eddie from himoto sent you