Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc universe ads

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM
nammcint
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc universe ads

i recently put some ads on here vs. ebay. I was really impressed with the number of hits, but from what I see so far, just a lot of tire kickers and lookers, no buyers.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rc universe ads

Then lower your price.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

^^X2^^
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
nammcint

how much lower can you go when you offer $80 to $100 pieces for $25 and totally custom built ones with at least 2 days worth of labor in them plus the original cost of the piece for under $50. besides, people can always make an offer. i'm just saying that the number of hits vs. offers and sales is way off. i am just making an observation here, maybe it will change.

sm<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It probably won't change. The vette can be re-categorised because it is in "off-road". I honestly had to read the add very carfully because the cars looked so good that I thought they were models (not rc). Even though I am familiar with MRC , I had not seen these before and if so I just had not paid attention. It may have a little to do with what you are selling (a shelf queen) rather than a model that is meant to be beat upon. Maybe that's just me though , I have no shelf queens, lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

I know what you mean though, i usually get 300+ views before even a question comes up.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
nammcint

i agree, that most of the stuff you see here are competition cars and not shelf queens or show type cars that are not ultra fast. i had 2 semi-offers that I accepted and never came through. I did have a local guy come down and buy 3 pieces, so it hasn't been a total bust. I am not giving up, just a little discouraged with all the hits, I guess. The 24.99 cars are selling for $20 to pawn shops and flea market vendors locally. I was just looking for other avenues. The show cars sell at car shows really well too. Like I said, just looking for other outlets, since this is a little more than a hobby in my retirement.

Steve
Old 05-09-2010, 01:26 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your cars are also toy grade, most of the people that browse this site are only interested in hobby grade stuff (with the exception of tamiya, stuff with a lexan body), you could post this thread in the toy grade section and see if you get a few more hits.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
nammcint

True, the custom built ones are and that is the way they are described. The Great Power cars are pretty quick out of the box (22 to 25mph) for a beginner that wants to get started in the hobby for a first car.<div>
</div><div>SM</div>