Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SNFF 05 23

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SNFF 05 23

I've been under the weather this week. Not doing much of anyhting except laying around. However, I would like to see what other guys have been up to this week.

Any projects anyone wants to share in this weekly thread.?

I haven't taken any pictures but I did find away to to easily add a cannon sound of your choosing

Buy one of these

[link=http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a010b441f43a5ae1c9f8f6d4e37858cd5 bc63f135b5.e3eSbNyQc3mLe34Pa38Ta38Mchj0?it=A&id=28 41]Sound Module[/link]

This can be used with a DBC or on its own. If you want to use this on its own, you need to wire it up to 5 volts from the Heng Long board, and then wire a trigger from the yellow wire on the Heng Long board to one side of the tigger switch. Up action on the left stick will then cause this to fire. If you take one of the speaker wires and wire it to the Heng lopng board (Just follow the DBU instruction for adding a sound card) you can play the sound through the Heng Long amp and speaker You can take any wave file you want and load via the USB port. You have to download the software from 123 Electronics. THis is painless and works well.

What I now do is wire up the cannon sound as a stand along and then use the DBC to trigger the Hit and Death sounds with the standard sound card. The results are good and the cost cheap. This gives me three custom sounds with a standard DBC.

The cannon sound is immediate and works excellent doing it this way. With the DBC I notice the cannon sound is delayed when trying to use the standard sound card, and isn't as convincing. THis cannon sound blasts as soon as the recoil is engaged.

Now you can have your Tiger sound like an 88 and your panther sound like a KW75.

Sorry no picutres, but I will post a tutorial later.

Dan
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: SNFF 05 23

Latest Progress on the easy8:

Made a brass arm for the elevation, needs a little more tweaking to get full depression (longer slot) but otherwise works ok.

Brass strip makes the recoil linkage. A simple steel pin holds the barrel in place, the holder tube will keep it in place once its all installed.

Also got the mg LED and TBU/IR LED installed.

Next up is fixing the turret rotation - its pretty pathetic to say the least, even after stripping the gearbox and swapping the slipper gear around.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Bauer66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer Dan, Hope ya get to feeling better soon!

EPT Nice progress on the Easy 8!

As for Myself, No real progress this week. Still waiting on parts for the Hummel and need to order parts for my PZIII F, Kinda like another Metal lower. I liked the last one so much I now will need one for all my PZIII Variants.
I did get a little done on the outside area though. Built A Shallow waterfall and am working on placement of a few buildings before I add a lot more Wreckage. Here are a few shots.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40641.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1441432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88130.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1441433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48318.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1441434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35179.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1441435  
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great photos....what camera/lens do you use? Miss my Canon 35mm and Tokina macro lens.
Bill