Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Storing RC stuff in TEXAS storage units - ADVICE PLEASE!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Storing RC stuff in TEXAS storage units - ADVICE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:29 AM
thirdcliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing RC stuff in TEXAS storage units - ADVICE PLEASE!

Hello fellow RC enthusiasts...

I am moving from a medium-sized house to a room at a friends place. I had a room just for my RC stuff at the old house, but space is limited to my bed and a couple of kit boxes and tools at the new place. My question is for anyone who has stored RC stuff in a storage unit and hopefully I can gain some advice from people in TEXAS, FLORIDA, ARIZONA and other places where summer temperatures reach 100 and greater.

So far, Ihave separated all the paint and painting equipment, shock oils/trans lubes, batteries/chargers, and electrical equipment (ESCs, servos, motors, balancers and such) from the rest of the stuff. Ican easily box these items and leave them in my closet at the new place (in the A/C).

The main items in line for the storage unit are new kit boxes, ARR vehicles, RTR vehicles, tons of tires and wheels, and lots of bodies (some painted but most unpainted). I would also like to store the extra radio and receivers that I own in the storage unit and keep my one nice radio system at the new place in the A/C. Do you think these items will be okay in a storage unit???

It will cetainly get over 100 degrees F at some point in the summer here. Any advice on storing these items in a non-climatized storage unit in central TEXAS, success stories, horror stories, or anything else will greatly help me make the ultimate decision. Thank you for reading this thread and any information, advice, or warnings are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:26 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Storing RC stuff in TEXAS storage units - ADVICE PLEASE!

Surprisingly, most of your RC hardware will fare okay in 100 degree F summer heat, even 110 degree F.

For fuel, pain, and other fluids, tore them inside in room temps.
For your RC hard ware, I strongly suggest you store your electronics (radio, RX, servos, batts) also inside at room temps.

Your RC roller (engine & car/truck itself sans electronics) will fare okay in the garage.

I strongly suggest you do not put your RC in one of those outside metal tool sheds (like one of those Morgans or knock-off Mogans from Wal-Mart). The temps inside a Morgan metal tool shed will soar to 150+ degrees F when the temps are only 100 degrees F outside.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 PM
thirdcliff
My Feedback: (38)

Default RE: Storing RC stuff in TEXAS storage units - ADVICE PLEASE!

Thanks Savage Jim! The storage unit has cenderblock walls (not a metal shed), so Ishould be fine. I was thinking the stuff would be fine, but it is nice to hear it from another.

Thanks for your input -