Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New, looking for where to go

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Cyproz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New, looking for where to go

Hi, so about 5 years ago i had an electric RC car, it looked like a nascar and went pretty fast. I want to get back into this hobby and was wondering where to start. I cant decide if i want on road or offroad. I know i want electric. I would just be having fun with it in spare time for a while. I have roads around me but they arent the smoothest. I dont want a monster truck looking thing, i like the buggy looking ones alot better. But i dont wanna go off road to have half the speed, do the off roads still go pretty fast on road? What are some good brands so i know im getting quality.

i was looking at this and liked it, but there was no price.
www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php
Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New, looking for where to go

mabye a hpi blitz<div>
</div><div>or a traxxas rustler</div>
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much green do you want to spend? There are lots of options.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the truck you posted is a nitro, not electric.

as mentioned, the traxxas slash, hpi blitz, or traxxas rustler would all be good choices. they are all electric, go 25mph out of the box(faster with better batteries) and will run good on rough roads and be fun off-road as well.
the 1st 2 trucks mentioned are semi scale looking short-course trucks. you can get them for around $200.
the rustler costs about the same(the xl-5 model) and looks more like the truck you put a link to.

the traxxas vehicles are all waterproof! which is a nice feature.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:55 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With the right batteries you can push a brushless buggy or stadium truck to around 70mph. A short course truck with the same battery will run in the mid 50 mph range without much trouble.

As for what to look for. I'd look at Traxxas and HPI for good starter vehicles. The Slash, Rustler and Bandit are all awesome, super strong cars. Over at HPI have a look at the Blitz and E-Firestorm.