Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Custom RCF-1

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Jamus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom RCF-1

I guess I have enough progress to at least post some pictures. I got this crawler stock in a trade. The previous owner had tried making it better with different tires and weight. The problem was that the axle housings are just too big and drag with the ~5.5" tires. So to solve that I'm running Losi Aftershock Claw MT's which are almost 7" tall. It has metal diff gears so I guess we'll see just how much they can handle. Another thing I didn't like was the suspension geometry, wanted a longer wheelbase anyway. So I started a new tube chassis. I got some aluminum brazing rods so am going to attempt an aluminum tuber. So far I have the links made, skidplate and side plates done. I should have the actual tube part done soon. I swapped the transmission for one from a stampede for extra gear reduction. Here's some pics of the progress.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 AM
kuppler

Default RE: Custom RCF-1

Looking good. Cant wait to see it all done....
Old 06-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Redharris

A Custom Super Crawler!.......Lookin Sweet!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great bro, looking forward to your next update!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Jamus

Thanks guys. I didn't work on this one today but did get to test the aluminum brazing on another project. It did very well on just a MAPP gas torch, that's 1/8" brazed to some metric thickness shock tower, probably 2.5mm. I tried to bend/crack the joint and the tower bent away from the joint. I should try some butt and T joints to really test it's bonding strength.