Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone have this problem on their Mega P ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone have this problem on their Mega P ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this problem on their Mega P ?

Has anyone else who owns a mega p had the problem of some of the screws rattling loose? Mainly it's an issue of the screws holding the shocks in (at the a-arm) and under the front hub. I was able to fix the a-arm problem by just getting some longer screws that go all the way through and putting a nut on the other side. However under the front hubs, the only solution I can see would be getting the aluminum or steel (or whatever they're made of) front steering knuckles and using thread lock on the screws so it holds it in place tighter.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
rasper

Default RE: Anyone have this problem on their Mega P ?

I use a glue called Bostic clear.....it doesnt get to hard when dry, in other words, its still pretty flexible, but it sticks like hell and hold the screw in its place. whats nice about it is, you can use it for about 3 repair/services, after that, you need to replce it by taking n sharp object and scraping it out, then just put a small amount an the screw again, but the screw in its place and leave to dry
Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use a dab of ca glue on the screw before i put them in plastic on parts that are prone to some abuse but i havent had a problem with any of my screws backing out.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

I did the same thing you did on the bottom shock mounting screws. It seems like I remember someone else having that issue with one of the first MegaPs, and I read what they did and did it myself. I have not had the issue with the front hubs. I have used [link=http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Liquid_Tape_-_Electrical_Insulation]liquid electrical tape[/link] successfully based on other threads I have read
Old 07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Redharris

Tom.......

I have had some issues with the screws in the front Hub also.......But only after the truck had a lot of Hours on the Chassis......
Plus,,,,I am REALLY hard on the truck (you've seen the Videos).....Lol
I lost a few screws before I realized what was happening. The screws fell out and then I hit a bump an the whole front Hub came apart.
I used GOOP on the threads and then a bit of GOOP on the head of the screw,,,,,to help hold them in. So far, so good.

Those Hub Screws WILL back out if you dont inspect regularly.......I have also RIPPED those screws out after Hard Landings from my Himoto Ramp,,,,,But I consider that to be ABUSE,,,,rather than normal Wear and Tear......

If the front hub assembly is constantly coming loose, then it is worn,,,,,and may be time for some replacement parts.....