Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Sprint 2 flux cannot run straight always goes left or right too much?!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Sprint 2 flux cannot run straight always goes left or right too much?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 AM
sebhitman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint 2 flux cannot run straight always goes left or right too much?!

My sprint 2 flux is brand new

I have aligned the steering on the controller , and when ever i try to floor it it wants to go either left full or sometimes right making it VERY UNSTABLE
how can i remedy that?

Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sprint 2 flux cannot run straight always goes left or right too much?!

Take the screw out of the servo horn and remove the servo horn and then make sure your wheels are straight and then put the servo horn back on the servo.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
sebhitman

Default RE: Sprint 2 flux cannot run straight always goes left or right too much?!

i try that now
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
MTboy

Read threw the sprint 2 thread. Lots of good info on the steering slop.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
iMOD

Its probly not the sterring if it happens when you floor it. It can be the camber, unbalanced load on tires, tires, drivetrain, or a wheel isnt spinning freely.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 PM
alexchen86

ORIGINAL: sebhitman

I have aligned the steering on the controller , and when ever i try to floor it it wants to go either left full or sometimes right making it VERY UNSTABLE
how can i remedy that?

Lol sounds exactly like my Sprint 2 Flux...my horn was completely off center when I purchased it so I just reattached it after centering. However there is a good deal of slop in the steering setup just check the thread on here. Another thing to watch out for is your stock tires will lose traction about 3-4 runs on a 2S. The stock rubber sucks I run foams now.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 PM
sebhitman

Oh I see ,
I have tried it today ,
changed servo even!
for a spektrum digital ...... and same thing occured!

I floored it AND WHAM! LEFT OR RIGHT this is very dangerous!
because i do 1/4 throttle then 1/2 then FULL and when full im suposed to be straight just like im used to with my rustler but no this one aims for the CURB! ,

how can i remedy it? please point me a thred section ill read it up but the flux thread is kinda big and about camber i don't know anything about it i have a cheap camber reader from duratrax tho
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Willystylz

If you don't have any measurement tools, you can eye-ball it if you look close enough.

As said, check the camber settings and check the toe-in or out settings on all four wheels.

A good way of judging camber without a gauge is to place the car on a flat shelf or table and look closely to see which part of the tires is touching when you lift up just slightly. Negative camber the insides of the tires will touch first and opposite for positive camber.

On one of my Sprint 2 rollers the toe-in settings were all messed up straight from the factory and can cause the car to drift left or right.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Willystylz

ORIGINAL: alexchen86

The stock rubber sucks I run foams now.
I love my Italian foams
Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
cjbebens

Could you be getting radio interference whenever you go to full throttle? Occasionally that used to happen during the "brushed" motor days. It seems more like a traction problem. What surface are you running on and with what tires?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
sebhitman

wow what a long delay before i posted back

what about 0 degree camber everywhere would that stop the problem?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
gokemidoro

ORIGINAL: sebhitman

how can i remedy that?

sebhitman,

Go to the "official HPI Sprint 2 thread (sport and flux)" . On page 34, about halfway down, I posted a fix for the steering, that may be the cause of your problem. If you have centered your steering, and zero'ed out your camber, try the fix. You may have an unusual amount of slop in your steering bellcranks. My fix takes care of that.

Give it a try.....It worked for me! Good Luck!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 AM
joeyhatch11

It's doing that because of the slop in the steering. Mine's the same way, I just don't have a small enough shim to throw it in to make up the difference in the gap. But I'm only drifting so I don't really notice the left/right pulling problem. I'm always sideways. LOL
Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Willystylz

I don't have this problem with either of my Sprint 2's. I doubt the steering slop is causing the OP's problem.

I would bet there's a problem with the toe angle of the front wheels. Once you have your camber set evenly for front and back, look directly overtop the chassis and check to see both front wheels are at the same angle with the steering centered.