Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help on radio for savage ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 03:59 AM
Mr. Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on radio for savage ss

well about a week ago i wanted to get into nitro r/c cars and it seemed like everyone said i should get the T-maxx 2.5, and i couldnt agree more!! the thing was great looking and went supper fast, plus it has easy start 2 on it. but i come here and i read all these really bad stories from people having problems with it and no one recomending the t-maxx to anyone! so i decided to wait for the savage ss(anyone know when thats coming out) but i need some help on what servos and radio to get. i want something with really nice range but nothing over $60, and i think it only has to be 2channels. im guessing i need a good one for turning and a normal one for the gas. thanks for the help
Old 07-26-2003, 12:05 PM
evollace

go for high torque metal gear servos... both for stering and throt/brake.
u need power to turn those big tires and u also need strong servo to pull the brake.
at a glance normal servo for throt/brake will do just fine... but the work load is just abt the same with the stering servo.
you can try hitech high torque metal gear servos... good and reasonably priced..... not the digital line.... no personal experience, but in this forum they are not popular.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:44 PM
volsstd

Hi,

the Hitec 645 MG will do for your steering and braking. But uhm only 60$ on the whole radio
I don't think you'll get it that cheap

GreeTz
Ben
Old 07-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Mr. Ali

ya, $60 is really low, and i want an FM radio. i decided on the Futaba 2PEKA, it comes with 2 Fubata S3003 servos which have alright Specs (0.19 sec /60 deg @6.0v and 56.8 oz/in @ 6v) i know they arnt as good as the Hitec, but at $40 each they are way out of my budget!! but if you guys think those are oo weak for turning this car or for the breaks, let me know. i think my max is $30 per servo, ill keep looking at different servos at towerhobbies. thanks
Old 07-28-2003, 08:17 AM
evollace

u can use the S3003 but it will over stress it.. especially on the stering.... response will be slow and i think turn radius will be effected too.... especially on power.
try to get the 2PEKA trans and rec only.... mb u'll have extra cash for better servos.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Mr. Ali

ya, it seems that 56oz isnt gonna cut it, so im not going for a FM radio so i can get better servos. im getting the JR XR2(AM) which comes with a 80oz servo which im going to use for throttle and im going to get a good servo for the steering.
im thinking about this one:
http://www.servocity.com/ServoCity/P...gh_torque.html

its way faster then the 645MG but it has less torque, if metal gears is that important then i might get the 625MG because of the speed.

also if FM transmission is that much better then let me know, i can always wait and save up more or something
Old 07-28-2003, 02:02 PM
evollace

metal gears are definate plus... wont strip the gears (almost)
I'll go for the 645 for extra touque... those big tires need it... and u'r running off road... more torque needed. i think the 625 is better suited for 1/10, 1/8 on road cars.

cant comment anything abt am radios... my only am radio is the one that comes with my mini z - so far no prob.
been using KO EX1 Mars for 5-6 yrs for racing

if u'r serious into this hobby i think better to wait a bit and save and get a good gear... u'll use it for a long time.
some will say buy something basic now and upgrade as ur skill getting better... but for me this will make u spend more in the long run