Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What's a good nitro for $500 or less?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What's a good nitro for $500 or less?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 PM
mval9188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good nitro for $500 or less?

Looking to get a new nitro to replace from hpi firestorm...... I am interested in the losi ten t and would like to hear everyone's thoughts? I would like an off road 4x4 nitro only. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 PM
tommygun32

Default RE: What's a good nitro for $500 or less?

Buggy, truggy or monster truck....of course all 4x4...just to clarify please mate.

Oh, btw, thank you for at least upping the ante another 200, should open the market up slightly.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
mval9188

i would like a truggy but I think that limits my choices.... Really like that losi ten t but not sure about it heard some bad things about the ROSS. Either a monster truck or truggy. I have a tmaxx 3.3 right now just looking for something maybe a little faster and more of a racer type. Any suggestions? Keep in mind im $500 or below
Old 08-14-2010, 03:45 PM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

You can get a Savage X 4.6 for about $430, RTR. Just need batteries and fuel. I've found that it's very easy to tune, fun to bash, some places still have monster truck racing, and it will take a beating.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: AlienModified

You can get a Savage X 4.6 for about $430, RTR. Just need batteries and fuel. I've found that it's very easy to tune, fun to bash, some places still have monster truck racing, and it will take a beating.
great MT got 2

If your looking fora truggy look for a used Jammin X1 roller on ebay they go for $200 and under usually and get a LRP .30 engine (or whatever you want) for it, and a Hitec 645MG servo for $28 and you should be under your budget still.
I got one a few months back and that suckers built tough cracked mine up big time(trust me for how bad it was I thought I broke the whole front end) and only broke a $5 bumper mount
The Jammin x1x cr (buggy form) is $340 on amain completely RTR only thing it needs is a steering servo seeing the stock one blows. Its a buggy but I'm able to drive it up curbs no issue
Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could get an Associated SC8, most have it listed for around $500 but that won't leave much room for extras. If you want a trophy truck style nitro they're among the best.

Another option is the Slayer Pro (I just made another thread about it)

It's not out yet but should be soon.

The Ten-T is nice but it just seems so bloated. All those extra features for ease of use and starting, plus the transmission features add some weight.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 AM
tommygun32

I second SyCo_Venom's reccomendation for the Jammin Truggy. They take a heck of a beating.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:45 AM
ALL RIDER

you can pick up a jammin x2 trugggy from amainhobbies for 424.99
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 AM
mval9188

yeh i have been reading a lot on the losi ten t....... looks like a great truggy when its running but it has a lot of problems with the ROSS and maybe thats not the best way to go. I looked into the jammin x2. That looks like a good truggy any thoughts on that?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

I too grabbed a Jammin roller and dropped an engine in it.....you can find good rollers for $150ish and as syco said grab and engine and servo and you could be well under your budget.  Jammins are a great truggy as well....tough as nails.

I almost got a tenT as well awhile back, but i figured id wait a bit until all the kinks get worked out of the ROSS system before I invest in it....but i do love the idea of starting the rc from my transmitter
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
tommygun32

Can't comment on the Truggy from an owner's point of view, I do however have the Jammin X1X buggy (actually upgraded beyond X2 specs) and I really like it. It is so bullet proof it's not even funny. Most of the truggies that peeps out here own (all good mates as well) are the Jammin X1's & X2's (Hong Nor) and again....they are absolute TANKS. And they are more than capable of getting on the track in competitive styliiiieeeee.

Plus there is plenty of stuff on the market if you want to upgrade.

Good luck.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:41 PM
mval9188

okay im looking into the rc8t truggy vs the ofna jammin x2...... Whats the best way to go?