Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas Slo-Mo-Shun

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dumas Slo-Mo-Shun

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 AM
rays89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas Slo-Mo-Shun

I just picked up this Dumas Gas Hydro from E-bay and I am wondering if anybody else has had any experience with this Hydro?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87092.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1487085  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dumas Slo-Mo-Shun

Wow very nice looking build ........ someone spent some time on that ...... I don't own one but the one's I seen run ran very well 50+ mph

Nice Score ..........
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

You did well, though the Seattle Yatch Club burgee on the tail and the Pegasus are both oversized and the U-37 should be closer to the deck edge. These cosmetic errors are most likely Dumas printing and instruction problems, but all in all, beyond needing a period dressed driver, it looks good. Please let us know how it runs and be warned, the late Ted Jones and Anchor Jensen(designers and builders of the original boat)may be watching
Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I myself would keep it as a display model as that's the original one that Dumas made to take pics for their site when they first put in production and for sale.If you want a boat to race and possibly crash ,get a Zippkits Rivett or Rocket.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM
rays89

Yes it is one of the models that Dumas made for display. I think I even saw this boat on display at WRAM in the early 90s when this boat was available. I do not think It was ever even started due to the prop no clearing the transon (Just a hair off). I am a newbie when it comes to RC Boats I only messed with a couple fast electrics. So it would be really foolish to just take it out. It is a beautiful hydro and it would be best to just display it. And mess with an EZ VEE I need to finish. Those Zippkits Rivett and Rocket are nice looking And maybe I should work up to them
Thanks for the compliments it was a nice score
Ray
Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Firemandan
My Feedback: (1)

Here is a picture of the real one I took at the Hydroplane Museum in Kent Washington. My buddy took some better ones, I will have him send me them so I can post them here for you if you want.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Old 08-21-2010, 08:02 AM
rays89

Thanks for posting the picture. If your able to post more it would be appreciated. The old shovelnose hydroplanes and Chris Crafts with the Mahogany wood work look like floating art to me