Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

mbx5 good buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 01:13 AM
topdawg516-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mbx5 good buggy?

i want to start to get into racing and i have been looking at buggies and i came across this one. the mbx5. so what do u guys think about it. oh and what about the hot bodies lightning pro.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default mbx5 good buggy?

YES! Very good buggy, might be my car next summer. Definately a good choice, more expensive than the Lightning but would be better. Just as long as your LHS carries Mugen Seiki parts.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:19 AM
eltorito

Default mbx5 good buggy?

Seems to be the hot buggy this summer. Top of the line. Lot of people were waiting on it's release. But like Kuma said, make sure u have easy access to parts.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:23 AM
Aerobirdbrain

Default mbx5 good buggy?

To but it this way:
The MBX 5 is to performance like milk is to cookies.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:22 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Default mbx5 good buggy?

lol. milk and cookies. nice way of putting it. ok then so i guess i will be getting thhe mbx5 sometime or another.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Kuma

Default mbx5 good buggy?

MMM milk & cookies- how bout FUDGE and milk.

Let us know how it turns out if you get that MBX5, like I said next summer I would like to get one (if they release a RR or second version) and hop that sucker up. I'm close to completing my hopping up the MBX R2.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Wild Gopher

Default mbx5 good buggy?

think of it this way.....anything that Mugen Seiki puts outs is going to be a good race quality machine. I just bought a MST-1 and I have been smoking everyone at my local track with Adam Drakes and RC10 GT's. If only Mugen released an MT it would be bye bye time for my savage. One thing to consider like everyone else said is parts availability.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:53 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Default mbx5 good buggy?

mmmm fudge. stop making me hungry! yeah kuma don't worry i will tell u everything i can about it once i get one. but don't be looking for a review on it anytime soon. i'll probably be able to get in like within a few months. well i know for sure that i will be able to get one like for christmas. there is nothing better than a gift for yourself. lol. nah i'll just ask for like some money as a gift from the parents and then just like use that along with some of my money to buy one. or i could just ask them to get me the buggy and then i could get like a really nice radio with my money. well either way i am gonna get that buggy.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:18 AM
Kuma

Default mbx5 good buggy?

Originally posted by Wild Gopher
think of it this way.....anything that Mugen Seiki puts outs is going to be a good race quality machine. I just bought a MST-1 and I have been smoking everyone at my local track with Adam Drakes and RC10 GT's. If only Mugen released an MT it would be bye bye time for my savage. One thing to consider like everyone else said is parts availability.
Yes, that MST-1 truck is sweet, someone at the track let me race his through a heat one race day which has a Mugen MT12 and it's fricking fast and with good steering control, Mugen makes great products and their MBX series are no doubt among the top of the line.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:25 AM
Aerobirdbrain

Default mbx5 good buggy?

lol, do ya see what i started with my "milk and cookies" analogy. :rainfro:
Old 07-31-2003, 07:18 PM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Default mbx5 good buggy?

I just built a MBX5 kit...top notch quality. I haven't had a chance to run it yet but my expectations are high based on the quality of parts and design on this thing.
$579 for the kit alone though...that's right up there with the Kanai II.
I have to agree...if Mugen made a MT I think I might have to buy one. The contruction of their diffs alone is enough to sell me.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Wild Gopher

Default mbx5 good buggy?

i must be lucky cuz my LHS sells the Mugen MBX-5 for $460. I may be getting one in the near future. Now if they would finally release an MT........lol im dreaming
Old 08-01-2003, 04:02 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Default mbx5 good buggy?

I'm not sure how your LHS is able to sell those kits for that price...but if they indeed are that cheap I would buy one ASAP.