Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

new class at my local track

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:12 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new class at my local track

So were are going to star a newclass at my local track. The goal is to have a close to out of the box car as possible, but its a muscle class so a muscle car body is the first change/modification. We have decided to run the tt-01 as it will be a cheap car which should interest most people looking to get into the class. We have now realized the next change will be changing th stock wheels and tires to hpi mag wheels and vintage tires at 31mm in the rear and 26mm in the front, this will give the muscle cars that real scale look. After talking to few gys that run these cars we now learned that there are a few weak points to the car ncluding the steering knuckles and flimsly drive shaft. I am exited to see this class get started cuz i love the scale look of rc's and i love muscle cars!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Timbulb

Default RE: new class at my local track

You should just open it up to all 4wd touring car chassis. Let people run a black can Tamiya motor until they save up for their 21.5 or 25.5 combo. Ilike the idea of allowing all musclecar bodies and not just the three that VTA rules allow. I wish my club would do it.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: new class at my local track

yea but if we open to all cars and bl systems we are no longer in a budget class lol, we are trying to keep cost as low as possible