Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Voodooprops.com

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Voodooprops.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM
panioul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voodooprops.com

I am very disatisfied with www.voodooprops.com and Gregg Kiehle himself. I have made an order for a couple of props since 20/07/2010 and I have not received them yet. 2 days after the order he sent a confirmation message that the package was send without a tracking number of the package (it was send with Priority Mail International). After a month I asked him what was going on with my order, because when ever I was logging on at the site my order history was saying that I have made no orders!!! I asked Gregg if everything was ok and he asked my to give him my address again!!!! (why he didn't have it since my order???) to find out with the post office what was going on. He said that he didn't have any tracking number due to cut backs!!! (I have not received anything from US without tracking number). After 6 days with no answer I asked him again and after 1 day he responded that it was shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over a 5 weeks from the order and the only answer was that it was shipped??? Bellow are the emails that they were sent.

It has been shipped thank you

Gregg Kiehle
Voodoo props llc

On Aug 29, 2010, at 4:08 PM, panioul Ioannidis <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have sent you an email to ask you about my order. I also sent you my address when you asked me but 6 days later I have no news from you. Can you tell me what is going on? I ordered on 20 July and now the season is ending and I have not received yet my order.
>
> - On Mon, 8/23/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Enquiry from Voodoo Propellers
> To: "Ioannidis Panagiotis" <[email protected]>
> Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 2:37 AM
>
> Please send me your address so I can look it up the post office no longer provides tracking info on packages due to cut backs

> - Original Message -
> From: "Ioannidis Panagiotis" <[email protected]>
> To: "Gregg Kiehle" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:47:39 AM
> Subject: Enquiry from Voodoo Propellers

> Please provide me any information for my order made on 21/07/10. It is over a month now and I have not received anything. Please give me the tracking number to check what is going on. I have made many orders from US and all are coming in less than 10 days. If I won't have any news during this week I must refuse the charge at my credit card. Thank you very much.

Heading edited
Old 08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Nosedragger

Default RE: Voodooprops.com

USPS does not provide tracking information on Priority Mail International.

If Voodoo can produce a USPS receipt number for a package sent to your destination that is proof he sent it.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
dicko

I just got my 6717/3 Voodoo prop from Redline motors, the overall diameter is a lot smaller than my other 6713 & there were a lot of dags on the hub I had to remove, the prop wasn't very well balanced either. And another thing I noticed is that the so called Stainless Steel prop was magnetic??? True stainless steel shouldn't be magnetic!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Nosedragger

Actually that is not true, stainless steel is magnetic depending on the alloy.

This thread looks like nothing but the start of a voodoo bashfest.

Unfortunately the USPS does not keep the copies of export forms for more than 30 days in addition to not being able to track packages,however on voodoos receipt the original customs for ID number will be on it.That number may be able to be used to determine if the PO accepted the package for shipment, in that case it was lost or stolen in transit both of which are not the shippers liablity.
You may want to ask voodoo about this instead of airing it on a public forum.Your credit card may have coverage for items lost in transit.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
exotica

...thats a reason I used Chris (Dasboata). Paid for it last week, and arrived here in Australia in 5 days! Very happy with service.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Since Gregg doesn't frequent this site you might be better off posting this on a forum site that he is a member of like the Dock if you already haven't posted over there as that will get a faster reaction. Bad news like this will spread like wildfire over there!
I've only briefly met the man once and that was at an RC trade show last April. He shared a booth with Vince of Gas RC Products.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Scott Schneider

Voodooprops.com is a fraud! ... No he is NOT ! Just like so many of you folks out of this country crying foul, what YOUR postal/mail or what ever service it's called are the ones to blame. What happens too packages/parcels once they leave these shores is again local issues with your system [:@] We as shippers or providers of items/services have ZERO control what happens to items sent abroad using the USPS.
Quit your B/S slinging and deflationary spouting of non truths.
You having trouble receiving items ordered from abroad ? ... maybe you need to PAY top dollar to UPS or FED X and PAY for insurance from these carriers who will provide tracking info.
It's nothing new the USPS is inexpensive for small items, but with that you get what you got and that is not Greggs fault either.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Scott Schneider

Stop or dispute payment and shipper gets screwed ...... No winner either way sadly.
And you wonder why so many absolutely REFUSE to ship abroad unless from the big private companys at greatly elevated prices [:'(]
Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 AM
panioul

All you guys do not get the meaning of the problem!!! The parcel may was stolen or lost or whatever. The biggest problem is that the shop owner cannot explain 1) why at the order history of HIS site says that I have not made any order 2) after a month ago he is asking from me again to give him my address to look for the parcel (why he doesn't have it??) 3) after "looking" for the parcel the only answer is "it was sent".

Scott Schneider I think that you should pay attention how you are speaking. I am receiving more than 6-7 packages per month from all over the world. I have received more than 300 packages and none and I am repeating NONE was lost or was stolen or whatever. Even in some cases that was some delays the shop owners were more helpful than Mr. Gregg. As far as the payment I am always willing to pay even 50$ for a shipping of a small package and I have no problems at all. What shippment will choose to use it is a matter of choise from the shop owner and not from me, and he has to choose a shippment that will service the customer the best way.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Ron Olson

I just contacted VooDoo to have him sign up in here and hear his side of the story as this is only fair. I see that you didn't post over at Jim's RC Boat Dock at all which is where the site is that would get you a much faster reply.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: panioul

Scott Schneider I think that you should pay attention how you are speaking. I am receiving more than 6-7 packages per month from all over the world. I have received more than 300 packages and none and I am repeating NONE was lost or was stolen or whatever. Even in some cases that was some delays the shop owners were more helpful than Mr. Gregg. As far as the payment I am always willing to pay even 50$ for a shipping of a small package and I have no problems at all. What shippment will choose to use it is a matter of choise from the shop owner and not from me, and he has to choose a shippment that will service the customer the best way.
I know the man better than most and worked quite extensively with him over quite a few years. He certainly is not the fraud you claim him to be, or a shady buisness man either. What I can only bring to the table is a character reference that differs from yours.
As a well know and respected senior member of the R/C boating community working with so many in this hobby the past 20 years, feel your resolve of airing your troubles crying foul does not fit the crime of a theft happening at your end.
6-7 packages per month is great to get them all, that's your story and your sticking to that. But stating your money has been taken and nothing was shipped is truly ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Ron Olson

There are so many things that could have happened to your shipment from being lot in transit to a Customs agent wondering what was in the package and tossing it off to the side until it was inspected further if it went through an X-ray machine.
Calling VooDoo a fraud is a little strong. Thinking that screwing over a foreigner wasn't in his mind when he did business with you.
Hopefully he will get the PM that I sent to him earlier and joins up in here to defend himself. I gave him a link directly to this thread as I really can't seeing someone bashing a person and they have no way of knowing about it otherwise. If someone wanted to type up something bad about me on a site that I might not go into or visit very often I would like to know about it! I kiss a lot of butt sometimes to make a purchase as I don't use PayPal or own a credit card so I'll pay otherwise in any form of payment that they'll accept.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I will leave this thread fly a little longer but think a little more time and communication from both sides might have licked this.

I dont believe naming or calling out Greg or Voodoo Props as a fraud either helpful or accurate. Guy has been in business a long time with a long list of satisfied customers and perhaps a few problems along the way. Theres a lot more people involved in getting your props - especially abroad.

I am sure Greg will work with you to get this sorted out (inspite of your thread).

Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
CraigHeidemann

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

USPS does not provide tracking information on Priority Mail International.

If Voodoo can produce a USPS receipt number for a package sent to your destination that is proof he sent it.

I disagree with your quote here, I order all the time from the states and parcels have always been sent via USPS priority mail International and i have always gotten a
tracking number from the supplier so i can check where my parcel is.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
magnum57

This thread should be eliminated as soon as possible. No need for this kind of slander and the possibility of it affecting Greg’s business abroad. By the way the El Diablo prop is AWESOME Greg.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
panioul

As you can see USPS priority mail international, as CraigHeidemann stated always gives a tracking number. I do not want to acuse someone without any reason especially if I have not done business with him again in the past. All these "strange" coincidences made me feel that I was deceived and especially the way that I was answered through Gregg's emails. Today I had a new response from Gregg and I feel obliged to present it here hopping that everything will be ok:

"The post office cant give me any info your package if you woud be so kind to give me your order because once shipped its deleted from my system and I will ship it Express at no charge just send the other back when and if it arrives I hope you find this to be acceptable I dont know what else I can do. I just want you to be pleased with no problems.I appreciate the email because alot of the guys just go on the forums and try to blast me with out ever trying to work these problems out first! Thanks Gregg"
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Nosedragger

I suggest both paniol and CraigHeidemann both read and understsand the IMM (International Mail Manual) (http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/welcome.htm ), there is no option for tracking or delivery confirmation on Priority International.
Get your facts straight before making accusations.

There are only 3 extra services that can be applied to Priority International and those are
Insurance
Certificate of Mailing
Pickup on Demand

You may be mistaking the customs form ID number for tracking, it is not a tracking number. The number on forms 2976 and 2976–A are not tracking numbers.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have shipped numerous packages international via USPS Priority - never a tracking number. As recent as last week.

The post office does keep a copy of the shipping/customs document on file but do not give me anything.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Jon DesJardins

good lord
Old 08-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Tundrahog

I had the same issues......ordered a raw prop and a t-shirt. Took a few emails, phone calls, and a month just to get a RAW prop. All he had to do was put it in the mail....???....

Never again....
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM
amax

Sounds to me like He's Busy, Human, and doing his best to straighten out the problem. IMO this thread should have been Shut Down as soon as it was realized that the Title is just a way to get attention and start Another Bash Fest. Just My 2 Cents..
Old 08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Ron Olson

Put it this way, Gregg is in my IMPBA district and lives just across the state. I have considered buying props from him and this thread will still not deter me.
Stuff happens like this constantly as the mail system of any country isn't perfect and they do lose a lot of items. Your package it seems is just one of the unlucky ones. Just think for a minute of how many hands and machines your package went through in an attempt to make it to Greece!
Calling VooDoo Props out on a site in which he is not a member of I feel is cowardly. Most of these companies are one-man operations working out of their homes as a sideline job. I've waited MUCH longer for a gas boat prop order from a manufacturer. I ordered them in late September last year and didn't get them until early this year. Until after over 4 months of waiting and no replies on my e-mails did I finally get not only a reply but a free prop thrown in for waiting so long.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Tundrahog

Its not a bash fest....some may think.?. Just sharing the internet online ordering experience. Some are good some need improvement. Seeing negative posts will(should) help him improve his business. Hope he does well in the future. I said never again......ya never know... I may try VooDooProps agian...the t-shirt is cool, maybe a prop or two....who knows...under a fictitious name of course...haha
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Nosedragger

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

I have shipped numerous packages international via USPS Priority - never a tracking number. As recent as last week.

The post office does keep a copy of the shipping/customs document on file but do not give me anything.
They only keep the copy of form for 30 days.I've been through this exact same thing with a missing package,it did show up after 6 weeks.

These sort of problems wouldn't happen if the USPS offered the same options for international mail as they do for domestic.The only thing you get from the PO is your receipt which should have the customs form number on it, that is the only proof you have that the PO accepted your package.
The point is if you use USPS for international shipments don't lose your receipt,its not enough for proof to prevent a charge back from paypal though.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 PM
lpbudgie

I also have purchased several voodoo props and sent to me in oz and had no issues and his quality of workmanship is outstanding ,
i spend over $10,000 a year on boats and parts sent from the USA and some months the freight takes a little longer or is lost in the system but its not the sellers fault. my 2 cents worth also.
                                                           Len.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.