Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

***Used boats***

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

***Used boats***

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
R.J.acker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Used boats***

im trying to find used boats forsale...I have looked in the classified section on here but there is nothing really in my price range and or to my likeing can some one tell me of maybe another site!! Thanks Rj
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: ***Used boats***

OK, here's the deal. First, as a new member of this site you need to read the rules to see what is and isn't allowed in here. No, I'm not getting on your case as I have to honestly admit that I assumed that all forum sites are the same, this one isn't.

Alright, with that out of the way please enlighten us as to what you're in the market for and what type of hull and what kind of price range that you're trying to stay within. Price range is what we tell our wives but we always seem to end up by spending more! Next, the other typical questions. How far done would you like it? Hull only, hull that's had some use or one ready to float.

Besides the RCU Marketplace according to site rules I can't just tell you to visit so-and-so dot com and look around their for sale forum. I can't even offer you one of my pride and joys in here. If I did that the posting would get deleted and my hand slapped. Their slant on this is that a salesman at a Ford dealership wouldn't tell you about a great car for you down the road at a Chevy dealer. Private Messages are another thing as long as it's not visible to the public. Somebody notifying you in here with something like "You've got a PM!" throws up a red flag to the Mods.
Sites like eBay or Craigslist are hit or miss as you could be getting a hidden jewel or a clunker.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
cheesewizz69

I agree with Ron and add look around for a RC boating club near you and spend a few hours at the lake with them. You might be surprised how freindly we can be. Most clubs are eager to bring in new members.

Leo
Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
R.J.acker

Thanks for the heads up Ron as i do not want to go agianst the RCU rules but those do an dont pages are so long.......

To the boat you know ive never owned one..yet so im not to picky on what kinda hull....i wanna spend around 300-400 on my first boat  dont really want to chance crashing a 1000 boat yet...i do want somthing pretty close to RTR ive been lookin threw this sit ALOT and the thought of building one right now seems alittle over bearing as i have never even seen one of these in person....but i am very mechanicly inclinde so alittle work doesnt scare me to much..

Ive looked around tryin to find clubs or races or play days at ponds around me and havent had any luck san fransico seems to be the closes were people play i do plan on hitting one of them to talk and look
Thanks for the replys
RJ
Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
amax

There are Many RTR Nitros New in that price range but you won't find a complete gas boat worth having for that price not even used. You either need to Up the anty or Down size the Dream with a nitro boat.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: amax

There are Many RTR Nitros New in that price range but you won't find a complete gas boat worth having for that price not even used. You either need to Up the anty or Down size the Dream with a nitro boat.
Not so quick now, WHH Gators come up quite a bit on Craigs List in the price range but you have got know what to look out for. I think the Gator is one of the best entry level boats into the sport. For few hundred more you can get a new one from Tony.

Leo
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Ron Olson

I don't know of anybody that wants to smash up a thousand dollar boat, I sure don't!
Honestly, you're not going to find a lot in that price range as a decent motor alone is $200.00 then by the time you add up good hardware and the hull, the price goes up quickly. Even with a RTR nitro boat by the time that you add in fuel plus accessories you've just about doubled the cost. If you already have some things that you can transfer over, that can save you some money.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
wannagofast115

I agree with Leo your best bet is probably an older warehouse hobbies gator they come up in that price range usually with the homelite motors but thats perfect for a first boat and they can take a beating. That was my first boat and I got in a trade but the guy was asking $300 for it and it had a homelite that hadnt been run a while all i did was clean the carb new plug and fresh gas and it cranked right up and never gave me a problem. I have since upgraded the motor to the wwhobbies ez1 for only 200 bucks and it was a great for performance cheap and came ready to bolt in with clutch and mounts.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 PM
R.J.acker

well shoot.. i dont mind uping the anti can you tell me what a base prise would be for a descent boat would be? the only thing that i would have would be an aircooled engine.....anyone know of ponds around the sacramento area i looked up distrect 9 an 19 but the gentalman who is the host for thems phone number is disconected i really appriciate u guys getting back to me i am kinda at a loss here an Ron i did take your advise and looked over the rules of RCU
THANK YOU
RJ
Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
R.J.acker

i really want a used on at a good price.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

A lot of sellers these days think their stuff hasn't depreciated at all. Its almost comical to to see a boat that was brand new RTR for 1k and then try to get 750$ for it a year later.

You want a deal on a good used boat, its going to be at around half the new price before I'll even blink and that has to be in superb condition. Shop aroun and take your time. Cold weather is on its way and folks will start needing some holiday money to put goodies under the tree and sell their stuff off. Good deals are to be had.

Ps, I hold myself to the same standard when selling but usually list it around 65% of new with a little wiggle room.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Ron Olson

Jamie, I've seen that before. Went to the Toledo show a year ago and some guy was trying to unload a very-used WHH Enforcer with Homie power for $650.00. For a few more dollars I could buy a new one with a Zen inside.
Yes, building season is on it's way very soon as people are getting ready to build new boats for next year. They're going to want to sell what they have to help finance a new baby.
What I learned the hard way once; ask for shots of the boat all over, top, bottom (especially the bottom!) and all sides. If the seller doesn't provide them, pass.
If you find something that you're interested in, feel free to ask in here for member's opinions of it.

Don't feel bad about what could have happened to this thread. When I first joined up in here I have to honestly admit that I didn't read the site rules either as I assumed that all forums sites have the same rules but nooooooooo, this one does have a few that aren't typical of other forum sites.