Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Flysky FS-GT3B

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Kawasakirider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flysky FS-GT3B

Hey everyone, I don't usually cheap out on electronics but I decided to be the guinea pig with one of these. It doesn't come with a manual, only a mini disc... For some unknown reason my PC won't read it and I can't work out how to bind the POS to the reciever, let alone set it up once it has bound.

Anyone have any insight on this? I want to get it bound tonight so I can break in my new engine tomorrow.

Cheers
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 AM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Flysky FS-GT3B

My guess is the following.

1st: There should be a bind button on the receiver, I would turn the vehicle on and then press the bind key for a few seconds until bind light is blinking. If that doesn't work, I would then try turning the vehicle off and then hold the bind key and then turning the vehicle one. I don't have a picture of the receiver so I'm guessing here.

2nd: Pretty much the same for the transmitter, there should be a bind key somewhere. However if its similar to the spektrum radios I have owned in the past, then their is probably a menu option somewhere to set the transmitter into a bind mode. If its like the Futaba gear and there is a bind button on the unit, more than likely you need to hold the bind key down and then turn the transmitter on.

Pictures of the receiver and the transmitter would be helpful.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
ken webb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try going to the Flysky web site. I think you may be able to download a manual their.Email address s/b somewhere in your radio.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
clutchjunkie

First, take the plug with the loop of wire on it that came with your reciever and plug that into channel 3 on your reciever. Then, connect and turn on your power supply to the reciever (either turn on the esc or plug in your 6v battery pack). The little light on the reciever should start flashing.

Next, make sure you have good batteries in the transmitter. Find and hold down the "Bind" button, (hint: it is the small topmostbutton on the top of the tx)then power on the transmitter. The little light on the reciever should go solid after a few seconds, after it does release the bind button,power down the reciever, thenremove the plug with the wire loop from the reciever. Also turn off the transmitter and turn it back on without holding the bind button.

If you did everything right, you should be ready to power everything back up and rock at this point, but it took me a couple of tries with my gt3 to get my first reciever to bind. (The gt3 and gt3b use the exact same reciever).</p>
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM
jcr01

I've found the manual here http://www.helipal.com/fs-gt3b-2-4gh...4cuhflseg7i0d2
Old 10-01-2010, 06:42 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

So how is it ?

Im gonna have a hard time passing it up for the price.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
motas

My mate touched the battery plug to the wrong input on the reciever and blew one of the electrical bits (forget its name) smoked and melted some plastic but at least its $16 for a new one. I have to use his dodgy am radio to run my picco in now but i'll let you know how the 2.4 is when I get it running.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
AstoriaMaxiva

i just picked this radio up on Ebay. won the auction for .01 and shipping was 51.48.
hopefully it gets here, i didnt notice that the seller had no rating before i bid.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Velociraptor73

<div>It is really good stuff indeed!</div><div>Don't wait to get yours.</div><div>You wont believe you were able to use an older generation radio after you try that.</div><div>Cheap, simple, packed with features and no real issues so far.</div><div>I sold around 15 units of that radio here in Brazil and all the customers are more than satisfied.</div>
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 PM
AstoriaMaxiva

ive had mine for a couple weeks now.
even picked up some extra receivers. love it.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:14 AM
padams10001

Got one as well and it does the the job fine
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Mike St.Clair

There's a thread on it on rctech.net too.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally like the menu's of the GT3 a little better, along with the longer model names, with such a huge screen you think they could have fit more than 2 letters, and a number. But I like the button layout, and LCD on the 3B more
Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
solomondg1

I have a hobbyking 6ch 2.4 which is a re-branded flysky fs-ct6a
Don't believe people who tell you to pay top dollar for basic electronics like escs, gyros and tx/rx
The actual electronic circuits in all of these cost pennies to make and are usually no different in quality compared to their name brand counterparts.
Its like buying a mac. You are just paying for the brand name.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

i just received mine yesturday. took 10 days from china to my door in canada.
i was not sure about the looks but once in front of my eyes i really like it !

feels good in the hand, well balanced and i like the offset steering wheel.

3 channel 2.4g micro-receiver for 50$ , cant go wrong with that !
ill let you know how i like it once i try it out.

Impala
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

very curious to find what kind of range you guys get with these. Been thinking of picking one up to put in my trucks, as i mainly run a 3PMFASST now, but $75+ for recievers is getting expensive and i dont wanna keep taking recievers out of my boats to put in the trucks. Guy at our pond came out 2 weeks ago with one of these running in his boat and i liked the feel of the radio, and it seemed to worry pretty good.. but at the furthest you only get about 300ft away with the boat... would like to know if its capable of 500-600+ for doing some speed runs.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

hum i dont know if it will get to 500-600ft, i run ground rc's and i guess the fartest i go is about 150-200ft... after that i have a hard time knowing wich way it is.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Smashy Smasherton

I have one of these transmitters and 5 cars running on the receivers (same brand that came with it. The set up is a little tricky and it usually takes a few tries. I find the servo wires seem to impede progress and using the wire loop thingy both in and out helps. Once it's connected, it seems good. Haven't done any road tests yet but I think it will be perfect for the type of driving i do.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

GT2 if I remember right Jang tested it half a mile away and the RC still was in control.
I'd guess this has similar range to the GT2

Wish they had a battery voltage display on this like the GT3 did. Wonder if it still beeps when its below 10v
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

it does have a voltage display, and my batts are around 11.5v so i dont know yet if it beeps...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

it does have a voltage display, and my batts are around 11.5v so i dont know yet if it beeps...
well I'll be damned I never turned the knob when I was just on the model name screen to swap it[:@]
I guess if I used it more I would have noticed it eventually when I hit something by accident, kind of how I learned of most the GT3's features.
RC that has its RX has kinda been outta commission after its 1st run. It will get more of an excersize soon got 2 more RX's on the way.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 PM
BigGrump

I have one of these transmitters and use it on two models. It has been flawless with the one exception, that of the exponitial. Does not work correctly as others have reported. I just ignore that one function and the rest of the radio is golden.

I wish FlySky would correct the exponitial component. If they did I would happily buy another of these radios just to have that function too.

The receivers with the failsafe button have worked 100%.

Dennis
Old 02-20-2011, 05:57 PM
driller2948

Same here $50 to my door! Bought this for my son who is in college, he can't actually afford the hobby so he get all the experimental stuff! Not bad, exceptional for the cost IMO. Steering just isn't as tight as it should be, maybe the cheap servos? I can turn as tight a circle, figure 8 with the flysky as I can with my name brand TX?
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 AM
hamfist67

These are available on hobbypartz.com for $35.00 shipped free. I've use the T6B for a year with my helis with no problems at all.

Extra receivers are dirt cheap, but out of stock.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

ORIGINAL: driller2948

Same here $50 to my door! Bought this for my son who is in college, he can't actually afford the hobby so he get all the experimental stuff! Not bad, exceptional for the cost IMO. Steering just isn't as tight as it should be, maybe the cheap servos? I can turn as tight a circle, figure 8 with the flysky as I can with my name brand TX?
tx has nothing to do with turn radius(if set properly)

ORIGINAL: hamfist67

Extra receivers are dirt cheap, but out of stock
check ebay, i just bought a couple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.