Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Team Associated - Monster GT
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it? and Help? Been gone for awhile..

Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Is it worth it? and Help? Been gone for awhile..

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 PM
IslandSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? and Help? Been gone for awhile..

I been out of it for awhile (3 years) and just recently started up my .21 MGT. I now see theres a MGT 8.0 and i was thinking about getting one, but not sure if its worth it seeing how i already have one. I also have a roller chassis savage 25. Not sure what i should do cause it looks like i missed a hell of alot being out for 3 years. I walked into my LHS and was like "***" when i saw they had a Mugen MBX6 (i have the MBX5). I will say that my MGT has always been more dependable/less headaches than my savage was. My MGT went from bashing too a track setup. Only mod exhuast pipe and MACH 28 engine. Im really not sure what to do seeing how i missed so much. I went too my LHS and didnt really trust what they were saying. They were all about the REVO and how Traxxas has taken over R/C's ... Is this true? I feel lost as hell.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it worth it? and Help? Been gone for awhile..

Taxxas definitely sells TONS of RC now, but I wouldn't say they've taken over at all. Traxxas is great for introducing people to the hobby, but the hardcore still generally transition on to more race oriented brands after a while. Also, they don't really win races in profesional RC racing all that much. If you already tricked out your MGT .21 and changed the motor it should still be right on par with the new ones. I have an 8.0 and it's frickin' crazy!! I've got a bunch of mods done to mine now though. It didn't really need them, but I did them anyway. Have fun firing them back up!! Just buy an engine for the Savage and you've got two RC's ready to go essentially.