Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

bombs & missles( How to )

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

bombs & missles( How to )

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Guardian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombs & missles( How to )

Hi guys how do you build 1/6 th scale missles and bombs I need them for a project I am working on , I just need to know in general how to build them, I am going to be doing several missle types, so any help would be great.
thanks ,
Mike
Old 04-21-2002, 09:00 PM
jetmex-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

Default Bombs and missiles

Missiles can be made from various sizes of hardwood dowel cut to length and shaped as needed. I've done Sidewinders and Sparrows this way, it wouldn't be hard to do WWII and Korean era rockets the same way. Fins can be made from balsa, thin ply or styrene plastic. Plastic beads from Wal Mart can be used to reproduce seeker heads on the IR type missiles.

Bombs and drop tanks can be made from craft foam available at hobby and craft stores. It comes in differents shapes--cylinders, cones, etc. Glue what you need together and shape as needed. Finish with thinned epoxy, sand and paint as needed. Again, fins from scrap balsa, ply or plastic.

The best part of all of that--cheap and light!
Old 04-21-2002, 09:09 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Default bombs & missles( How to )

Hey Guard: I have a sort of cad file of a 12" long sidewinder and could email it if you want tomorrow. Bkf