Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which one to get???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 07:38 PM
BDAD Flyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one to get???

I looking to buy a buggy, but cannot decide which one to get.
Which one????
DuraTrax 1/8 Axis Buggy w/TORQ .21 Ultimate RTR ($339.99)
vs
Hot Bodies 1/8 Lightning RR Buggy RTR ($349.99)
vs
Ofna 1/8 Ultra MBX Pro RTR ($349.99)

Thank you!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:28 AM
Digimortal

Default RE: Which one to get???

Hey, if your trying to get away with only spending about $350 on a buggy I'd recommend getting the Lightning. I've heard nothing but great things about this car. I've seen quit a few of them run at my track and am very impressed with it, especially for how cheap it is. For the money you can't beat it. Some people may disagree and say the OFNA is better, but I'm liking the Lightning better just from seeing how it performs.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Henderson

Yeah i've heard good things about the Lightning too. I'd definitely narrow it down to the Lightning or the Ofna.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Dieselhammer

Have you considered the GV Rex X. I have just bought one of these and think it is fantastic. Not sure if you can get these where you live but in the UK they cost about £200 for the car with engine (Force .21)

[link=http://www.three5models.co.uk/rex_x_data.htm]GV Rex X[/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=100]X-Terminator RTR[/link]

In America they do the same thing but its called the X-Terminator RTR and has a Big Block .247.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:59 PM
BDAD Flyer
My Feedback: (15)

I still do not know what to get, but right now I am thinking to get Ofna.

Thank you for advices!!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:16 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

my buddy has a ofna hyper 7... thing tears up the road and every thing.. very sturdy built.. very nice.... so far.. only damage was the wing smashing off.. other wise.. nothing has broken on it!
Old 09-20-2003, 10:21 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

go with ofna
Old 09-21-2003, 03:21 PM
RIRS4

I myself have started to do the reasearch for an 1/8 scale buggy. I think, at the moment, I've got it narrowed down to the OFNA hyper 7 PBS. I haven't heard really anything good about the engines in the ofna MBX, 9.5....(.24 i believe) I'm sure for just normal backyard bashing around it's probably o.k.(what I'm gonna do). Everyone seems to like to throw out the "Kyosho" has won "X" amount of championships. LOL well, I'm not gonna race and I've compared some different buggies at my LHS and I don't really care to much for the Kyosho RTR buggies. But that's just me. I'm really new to all of this R/C stuff as I've only been doing it for a little while. Just thought I'd give you another car to think about. Oh yeah!! the GS Storm seems to get great reviews and it comes with a awesome FM XR3(airtronics i think) radio. It was a bit more pricier, but just thought I'd throw it out. Good Luck and let us know what you picked and why?

BTW- I noticed you are from R.I. !!!! you are in good company. LOL