Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:55 PM
ptopman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire question

So I'm looking at tires for a future buy and was looking at some good/better off road tires. Wile looking at proline 117012 Trencher tires I noticed that it says that they are for front tires. Is there a difference between the front and rear tires or could I theoretically run these tires on the front and rears. I cant see that it would make that much of a difference putting "front" tires on the rear. I have run nitro in the past but both my cars have been down for the last 2 years because the cost to get them running out weighs the cars them selfs. So i'm not new to nitro at all just have not gone this deep into replacing/upgrading parts.

Also been a long time since my last post here but now that i'm getting back into nitro hopefully ill be on here a little more.

Last edited by ptopman; 12-08-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:50 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The number you listed is for mounted tires:
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...-black-wheels/

The tires are front or rear but this wheel is only for the vehicles listed (click on the "fits" tab).

If you want tires only:
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...n-truck-tires/
Old 12-09-2016, 04:22 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Hopefully, someone will jump in with firsthand use of them big a** Trenchers. I, for one, didn't care for the short course version. After wearing down a bit, they lost their ability to grab anything but loose stuff. The bigger 2.8 tire, with the lugs spaced out farther, maybe about right for monster truck use.