Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

No Power Aerohawk

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

No Power Aerohawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 05:03 PM
tcr1016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power Aerohawk

My Aero Hawk will hover for only about 2 minutes. After that one ping pong ball is always touching the ground. I am running the 7 AAA 700mAh that came with it. The guy at the battery place I buy my batteries says I need to go to 2/3A 1100mAh. I think they seem to weigh a bit more than the AAAs and they will be rough to fit in there. What do I do to get this thing off the ground for a full 5 minutes??

Also can you give me a link on how to balance blades and the helo? Mine wobbles, and I am VERY GREEN to helos.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 11-20-2003, 11:19 AM
is_hady

Default RE: No Power Aerohawk

That's strange. I just bought one too, and it run for about 10 minutes just after one charging. I think your battery is broke. Please try the Hongkong's site where I bought it: www.dinballrcmart.com or maybe www.rc-mart.com
Old 11-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Heli 101

How long are you supposed to charge the battery? I have charged from 3 hrs to 6 hrs. and it doesn't seem like it has any charge at all. It won't lift off the ground and it only lasts for 5 minutes max before controls start to go haywire.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:26 PM
rødebaldakin

If you charged it for 6 hours you propably fried it and it has reduced capasity both in amps and wats. Usually the charge takes 2-3 hours with the dumbwall charger. Charge it untill it reaches a pleacant to touch temperature.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:52 PM
ihug007

Guys,

The battery is only 700mah and shouldn't be charged for more than 2-3 hours (maximum). Any more than that will overheat the battery and damage it, so you will get drastically reduced flight times. The damage done during this overheating is irreparable unfortunately.