Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

restarting while hot

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 09:02 AM
jwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default restarting while hot

has anyone got a procedure worked out to restart their trucks if they stall?

My Savage 21 is great until it stalls... once it does I usually end up sitting there until its cooled down before I even have a hope of starting it back up again, it's rather annoying. Spend more time trying to restart then I do driving! I've already done the dual tank mod if that makes a difference.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:39 AM
tegwin

Default RE: restarting while hot

I find it easier to restart if the engine is hot, ime sure it has something to do with the tuning..

I do have to use the glow starter to restart and i do use a rotostart which i spose creates more torque than a pull start
Old 01-10-2004, 05:06 PM
ThermalRD

Sounds to me like you are stalling from over heating, and thats the real problem. I think your tune is probably a bit lean. Richen it up a bit. Do you have a temp gun, or temp monitor? Whats the hottest this thing is getting?

Matt
ORIGINAL: jwan

has anyone got a procedure worked out to restart their trucks if they stall?

My Savage 21 is great until it stalls... once it does I usually end up sitting there until its cooled down before I even have a hope of starting it back up again, it's rather annoying. Spend more time trying to restart then I do driving! I've already done the dual tank mod if that makes a difference.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:37 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i thats a typical bb21 problem cuz my 8port would start easily even its really hot
Old 01-11-2004, 08:57 AM
jwan

I'm pretty sure I'm not over heating, my temp gun says I get up to about 130 celcius, its towards the upper limit but still not too bad, sometimes it hits 140 C but will start to cool down again very quickly. I don't think I'm running lean, I'm already running about 4.5 to 5 turns out on the HSN (I'm not sure why I need it this rich, but I've got a feeling its the new GPM pipe I installed, coupled with the fact the ambient temp in OZ at the moment is usually in the mid to high 20's celcius range).
Old 01-11-2004, 10:37 AM
krome

I find if i hold throttle on very slightly while starting my Savage25 (hot) works every time
Old 01-12-2004, 08:09 AM
jwan

Krome, that's what I used to do as well, but for some reason it doesn't quite seem to work any more. what temp is ur engine at when u do that??
Old 01-12-2004, 11:51 AM
krome

Not sure wot temp its at, but will check next time i'm out.