Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Swashplate question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Swashplate question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 11:18 AM
coltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swashplate question

I've noticed that the arms on the swashplates for Aerohawk and Dragonfly are different sizes. On the Dragonfly it doesn't seem to matter but on the Aerohawk if you use the longer arms the linkarms will catch on the rotor head.
Anyone know why they're made like this?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:44 PM
MUGGA

Default RE: Swashplate question

It's the same for the HB I broke off a ball link after 4 days, I've been using the long ones since. Other people have told me thats it's a generic part, most helies use the same swash plate.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
tahustvedt

Default RE: Swashplate question

The linkarms have one side that protrudes more than the other. look at them from the side and you'll see that they will fit on the long arms as well. They actually come mounted on the long arms from the factory. Mine did, and my two friend's AeroHawks too. Just twist the links around and they will fit. The shorter swashplate arms are easier to fly with, but there will be some play in the rotor head link from it.