Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dual blade helo

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dual blade helo

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:27 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual blade helo

I just purchased a Dual rotor blade helo. Has anyone seen those? What do you think? I haven't received it yet, but heard they are a lot more stable and easy to fly. I saw one with dual blades but with a cord attached..a trainer helo ,..but finally found one that was RC without a cord...for 100.00 less. Supposedly you can pull it right into a hover... Any opinions out there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xv63467.jpg (739.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-06-2004, 07:30 AM
zeeshan

Default RE: Dual blade helo

yes i have seen alot of theese to be ohnest i dont know much information about it but what i can tell you is that if you have it trimmied and the cof g is right then it will go straight up welll al most also you wont have the problem with it drifting to the left with other helicopters because this is a coutner rountating heli so the tourque of the motor shall be substatuecd by the second pair of blades but you still have the ruder motor i think if not it wouooldnt matter because if you wanted to turn the heli (not by cyclic) one of the blades would just slow down. hope you have fun be sure to buy spares hopefully you wont need them keep us posted
zeeshan
Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Hope you have better luck than most with this heli. It's not the correct Tx mode or frequency for use in the USA. It is a cheap, not very well executed, copy of the Hirobo Llama, but wireless. Hirobo makes a high quality product that works and that's the main reason for the price difference. If yours works out that will be great. Please post your experiences because if yours works it will be the first reported on these forums.[]
Old 04-06-2004, 05:41 PM
ozzy9039

I will keep you posted. I did see the lama version with the cord attached and have seen it in a video and a young in-experienced flyer pulld that right into a hover ..no prob. So I was looking for the same thing, but with no cord and this is the only thing I have found. I hope it works well. I have had a 1 & a 2 channel beofre...they are fun, but not "real" I guess. I have flown a 4 channel before and is much more in depth ... I actually work on helicopters as a proff. So hopefully it will help when I have to repair...just a smaller scale. I will keep you guys posted. thanks for the info. Also, any word on the Smartech RC helos?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Benthehen

young in-experienced flyer pulld that right into a hover ..no prob
Thats me! a young (11) in-expirienced flyer and I put my Hirobo into a hover easy.
Im learning how to fly nose in and its costing me alot of replacement parts.......[:@]

(how do you make a signature?)

Thanks,
Benthehen
Old 04-08-2004, 03:43 PM
ozzy9039

How do you like your Hirobo Dual blade helo? Also ...you make a signature by going to "my account" & "forum settings" You will see where to type in your signature. After that is done...when you post something just click the "add signature" box.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Benthehen

Well......somehow the XRB I got had already been opened, but, my hobby shop has a No Return policy. A few pieces were missing and a few were broken. So my dad talked to the distributer (cant remember the name) and they said they would fix it for free.......so a few weeks after I bought it, I got to fly it.
That was when these copters had just came out, about half a year ago. Since then the only things I've had to get for it are replacement tail trusses and landing gear and of course blades. I go through blades sooooo fast. Every day I fly I use another blade or two. But anyways its been really stable and hovers easy- I can do hands off for around ten seconds easy-peasy without it trimmed.
But for some reason its not working now. The servos don't seem to be working right. Sometimes they wont work and sometimes the cut out in-flight[:@]. So, I'm going to need to figure out whats wrong, or its back to the distributer to get fixed again.

Ohhhhhhh well might as well make it a review.

Flight stability
9.5/10
I'm 11 years old...hint hint
Acrobatics
4/10
Well, it wasn't made to be.
Cost
8/10
Less than most micros
Packaging
6.5/10
Could have been better.
Overall
9/10
If it didn't have the cord. And why the Lama?

Final Words
The Hirobo XRB Lama is a great heli but it does have a cord which obviously limits it, but its great overall. Hirobo is supposed to be releasing a RC version in April.........and now its April! About the stability: as I said before, I can fly it and I'm 11 years old. I'm still learning, but hey, this is my first RC aircraft. So what I'm telling you is that you should go and get it now!! j/k, but you should at least go and try it or watch it fly and you'll be pretty impressed.

Benthehen

(mini review over. And man do my hands hurt from typing that)

ozzy9039-look at my sig and avatar[8D]. thanks.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:51 PM
ozzy9039

Got the helo in today & I will be test flying prob. tommorow.. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:58 AM
ozzy9039

Ok,...I put it through my first test flight...Now remember I am a bit new at this... It has some good power and within minutes I had it off the ground,..but I need to do some adjustments with the tracking. Once that is done I'm sure it will be great. I am very happy with it,....but woe to me if & when something brakes...wow...tiny pieces! I also need a little bit of a bigger area I believe. I am flying in my living room right now, so I run out of room quickly! I will try to keep you posted.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Benthehen

I hope it works out Ozzy9039

Benthehen
Old 07-18-2004, 11:09 PM
warren52nz

I have one of these if that's what you're talking about:

http://www.raidentech.com/xrotationrchel.html

I've learned to fly it pretty well and have discovered that the Lama parts fit (well the ones I've tried so far. And I've learned to make my own blades. I posted the method in another part of this forum. Cost about 20 cents US each and are stronger than the original ones and about 20 times stronger then the Lama foam ones (which I've also tried).

I have a lot of other things to say about it. The gyros, quirky stuff, etc.

I wouldn't mind comparing notes in detail via email if you wish.

[email protected]