Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:38 AM
tanasit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

RE: 3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

Mine came with fully symmetric air foil wooden blades which will hover about 3/4 throttle with 1800 mAh lithium pack at very high rotor speed. I'd like to get the flat bottom or semi-symmetric main blade for better lift and for normal flying.
Will the black composit plastic from the FP E-Sky fit? I look at the picture and seem like the blade root has different configurations.
Anyone know of any other blade that will fit the E-Sky 3D?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
pileit

Default RE: 3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

I ALSO OWN A 3D HB,I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR NEW BLADES AFTER AN UNPLANNED LANDING INTO A IMMOVABLE OBJECT, I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE BLADES FROM A HORNET 2 WILL FIT, ITS ALSO A MICRO 3D HELI.THE PICS LOOK THE SAME AND THE SPECS ARE WITHIN A FEW MM. EBAY SITE HAS BOTH TRAINING BLADES AND REG ONES TYPE IN #5933980828 ON EBAY. HELIHOBBY.COM HAS BLADES TOO. HOPE THIS HELPED.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
tanasit

Default RE: 3D E-Sky HB2 main blade choice

Finally got a set of blade from Ebay with flat bottom. They are a bit narrower than the stock symmetric ones. I tried them but couldn't get them to track properly, no matter how I adjusted the linkages for the pitch. I noticed that the stock ones came with weight already imbedded in the leading edge tips, so I removed the heat shrink of the new set and rather than making slots and fill them with a piece of lead and refill with wood filler, I simply drilled 6 holes and inserted lead balls which are tight fit, applied some CA, balanced at 10 grams each and shrink wrapped them. Now they track perfect and flew great with less head speed and lift off with less throttle.