Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

esky full throtel and rudder control?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

esky full throtel and rudder control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 12:39 PM
arickatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esky full throtel and rudder control?

i have the esky 4 ch' and lately i found out that when i reach all most full throtel my rudder/ tail shifts to the right
and it does not respond to my rc but when i reducr throtel the problem gos away.
could this have any thing to do with my gain settings? i still have a problem that i cant fix the trim to work for all
throtel states, i can hover in perfect trim but then when i add throtel the tail shifts a bit to the right, any ideas how to set the
gain an proportional to fix this issue?
Old 01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
sunderll
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: esky full throtel and rudder control?

It really does have to do with the Gain. I had the same issue and after many gain adjustments made it virtualy stable. Don't hesitate to adjust it. Also, after adjusting it, I found that you had to unplug the aircraft batery while leaving the tx on and let the "brain" on the heli recompute your changes.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM
disguy2k

It could be 2 things. The easiest is that the proportion is too low, so the gyro isn't sending enough power to the tail to correct for the main rotor spinning. The second, is that the tail rotor is starting to fade and burn out. Which means it can't spin fast enough at full throttle to make the correction.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:24 PM
glommes

How do you adjust the gain? My rudder trim is fully to the right, and I still have to hold the rudder stick slightly to the right to keep from rotating left.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:30 PM
disguy2k

the little black box that the battery plugs into has 2 little white adjustment screws. The 1st is gain the second (closest to the wires) is proportional. A good starting point is to have the 1st one up all the way, and the second up almost all the way. If the tail starts wagging, decrease the 1st one till it stops. (Clockwise is increase)