Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

FYI: LMH Corona Motor - Crashkit Info

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

FYI: LMH Corona Motor - Crashkit Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 03:12 PM
n0jvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: LMH Corona Motor - Crashkit Info

Hello All

I just got off the phone with Litemachines Tech Support
and here is the info on the Electro fusion 6 and 7 Motors used
with the Lite Machines Corona that the tech told me

So here is the Skinny for those that want to try other motors in the Corona

Electro Fusion 7 - 13 Turn/Double Wind - 7 Cell Bushing
Electro Fusion 6 - 14Turn/ Double Wind - 6 Cell Bushing

And There is a CrashKit Available now for about
$40 that has about 30-40 Parts Most requested for the Corona

have a nice one all

Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 04:35 PM
RCAdd1ct

Not sure why one would want a crash kit for a Corona.

Do a search on Corona boom an eZone and you will find out how to help keep th boom strike damage down.

After that , I only bought what broke. The boom stuff is $20. I would just have a boom, main shaft and T/R shaft on hand. Most everything else can be fixed with CA or zip ties.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:12 PM
spessx

Mike,

If you're going to replace the fusion with another brushed motor you should go with the Kyosho Atomic Force. They have 5x5 brushess so they last a long time and have lots of power. People are getting about 7.5 to 9 minutes of hover on 7cell 2400mah packs(with the 4/4 grip setup). These are available at tower hobbies for $19.99. I've tried some other more and have lesser results than the AF. I just recently went brushless(mega motor with phoenix controller) and am very happy with the setup. If you want to do more research check out www.ezonemag.com - those guys are Corona nuts and have tried lots of different motors.

-Stephen
Old 10-07-2002, 11:42 PM
n0jvt

Originally posted by RCAdd1ct
Not sure why one would want a crash kit for a Corona.

Do a search on Corona boom an eZone and you will find out how to help keep th boom strike damage down.

After that , I only bought what broke. The boom stuff is $20. I would just have a boom, main shaft and T/R shaft on hand. Most everything else can be fixed with CA or zip ties.
I think the " Crask Kit " is a gathering of replacement parts that is most orderdrd for the Corona rather than just the parts that may break in a crash....the kit Prob includes parts that tend to wear out...
Old 10-07-2002, 11:51 PM
n0jvt

Originally posted by spessx
Mike,

If you're going to replace the fusion with another brushed motor you should go with the Kyosho Atomic Force. They have 5x5 brushess so they last a long time and have lots of power. People are getting about 7.5 to 9 minutes of hover on 7cell 2400mah packs(with the 4/4 grip setup). These are available at tower hobbies for $19.99. I've tried some other more and have lesser results than the AF. I just recently went brushless(mega motor with phoenix controller) and am very happy with the setup. If you want to do more research check out www.ezonemag.com - those guys are Corona nuts and have tried lots of different motors.

-Stephen
" Mike while staring at whats left of his best motor replies with these words of wit "

Well, from the searches i've conducted it looks like it will be a Atomic Force motor
And my last and best Motor just died a Horriable Death, So it will a
Atomic Force motor here until the brushless setups become more affordable
Old 10-08-2002, 12:58 PM
spessx

Mike,
Check out this website for some good brushless options - www.fxaeromodels.com. I recently purchased the $160 Mega/Phoenix combo and am very happy the results. Its about 1/2 the weight of the old set up and adds to both performance and flight time.
-Stephen