Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

new radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 AM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new radio

i need a new radio but dont really know what to get i dont race but me and a bunch of fellas meet up at this parking lot to drag race are cars and the problem is other people been on your frequency.i only have 2 rc cars now but i will be getting more later on so the radio has to control a couple of cars.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: new radio

Get a dx2 or a dx3, the dx3 has a 3 model memory and the dx2 has a 2 model memory. Make sure you read the manual so you can bind the reciever and radio together and program your features and stuff. The DX2 is 169.99 and the DX3 is 249.99 The dx2 comes with 2 servos and a bunch of other stuff for nitros, and the dx3 comes with 3 servos and a bunch of other stuff for nitros.

I personaly just bought a dx2 last night. I read the manual and stuff. It took me a couple of minutes to bind the two together and the thing is very easy to program. The manual was a little confusing to me at first but then I figured it out, and it only takes like 30 seconds to program each feature, very easy to use and very easy to program.

The second you turn it on, the radio finds an open channel and the reciever finds the radio. If you hav anymore questions feel free to ask me or go to www.spektrumrc.com
Old 08-19-2006, 11:33 AM
TheLinkster

The Hitec SRX can be had for less than the DX3 but for a little more than the DX3 you can get a Nomadio Sensor. ($269)
Old 08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Seek and Destroy

If you can spare the extra change, get the nomadio like realtrucksdon'thavesparkplugs said.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Doahh

What's the budget?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Look at the Nomadio 2.4GHz Brown Box deal $270 with more mixing and FASTER response then ANY 2.4GHz system and the fastest response of ANY R/C controller.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
akm

But for 20 dollars less you get the dx3 and 2 receivers. Most people do not need all the bells and whistles of the nomadio and the extra $100 for the second reciever is out of a lot of peoples budgets. I have a dx3 and I can control my rustler with the ss5800 system futher than I can see it, it is an awsome system. I'm sure the nomadio system is a great system but it is out of the budget for a lot of people. I guess what I'm trying to say is YOU MADE YOUR POINT THE NOMADIO SYSTEM IS BETTER. YOU ARE STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD. Almost every post about radios you are there, you are starting to become a nightmare. What is next a futaba rep telling us how great there radio is? Well why stop there come on airtronics, hitec , jr ,spectrum, bring on your reps and flood the forums. Well there probly better than that. Ok rant over, NOMADIO SALES PLEASE GO AWAY.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Nomadio_Sales

I am tryng to tell you for $100 you get a radio that is twice as fast reacting. Reaction time is everything in drag racing. But I also have said there are new lower cost 2.4 FHDSS 100Hz radios due out soon in your price range and they may not be Nomadio but have Nomadio inside.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
P2gee

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

IBut I also have said there are new lower cost 2.4 FHDSS 100Hz radios due out soon in your price range and they may not be Nomadio but have Nomadio inside.

Hmmmm.......so maybe we can assume some other company has licensed Nomadio tech to use in their systems???
Old 08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
bennyblanco

what about a jr xs3 pro? it haves 10 model memory!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Yes we have licensed out our technology
Old 08-21-2006, 10:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: RealTrucksDontHaveSparkPlugs

The Hitec SRX can be had for less than the DX3 but for a little more than the DX3 you can get a Nomadio Sensor. ($269)
Sweet deal! Is that the full blown Sensor or is this the cheaper version meant for more as an introductory radio? I thought Sensor (the full one) was about $500!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
TheLinkster

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: RealTrucksDontHaveSparkPlugs

Sweet deal! Is that the full blown Sensor or is this the cheaper version meant for more as an introductory radio? I thought Sensor (the full one) was about $500!
I was talking about the Brown Box Special. (The one where its just the Sensor and the Transceiver.)

But for 20 dollars less you get the dx3 and 2 receivers. Most people do not need all the bells and whistles of the nomadio and the extra $100 for the second reciever is out of a lot of peoples budgets. I have a dx3 and I can control my rustler with the ss5800 system futher than I can see it, it is an awsome system. I'm sure the nomadio system is a great system but it is out of the budget for a lot of people. I guess what I'm trying to say is YOU MADE YOUR POINT THE NOMADIO SYSTEM IS BETTER. YOU ARE STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD. Almost every post about radios you are there, you are starting to become a nightmare. What is next a futaba rep telling us how great there radio is? Well why stop there come on airtronics, hitec , jr ,spectrum, bring on your reps and flood the forums. Well there probly better than that. Ok rant over, NOMADIO SALES PLEASE GO AWAY.
BTW /\/\/\ you can get a extra Transceiver for $75. ($25 dollar difference is alot for us Hobbyists.lol) Also from the prices I have seen for an aditional Spektrum RX is still about $70
Old 08-21-2006, 10:50 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Forgive me for my ignoranbce, I've yet to look at any sales sites to see what the Brown Box comes with.
Is the Brown Box Sensor a full blown Sensor (i.e. it's not a watered down version with fewer features)?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 PM
TheLinkster

The Brown Box Special is a Full Blown Nomadio Sensor. (I wonder if I get anything for all these Nomadio Plugs. rofl)
Old 08-22-2006, 06:57 AM
SAVAGEJIM

If that's the case, then the Brown Box is my next thing to get. All I need to do is start seving up some $$$. I already have a full set of digital servoes for at least two cars, so the Brown Box is all I need.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Brown Box deal of the Nomadio Sensor and receiver ends this month.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
razzor

Yes we have licensed out our technology
Im getting impatient waiting ,but it will be worth it.
Any idea on when its to be released ???
Old 08-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Depends on which one hits the USA first from the licenses our new radio is not ready yet.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:33 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Brown Box deal of the Nomadio Sensor and receiver ends this month.
Dude! What a bummer[] It will take me a couple of months to scrap up the cash. Do you think they will release the Brown Box agin for Christmas?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Nomadio_Sales

There are some left so it is a matter of if they are all out.