Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

twin engine or v-twin

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
-whitey-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin engine or v-twin

i think u guys all know about v-twin engines if not its a two cylinder engine shaped like V anyway i think if someone where to make a v-twin engine for a savage or any other truck it would fit in i think it would get twice the power of a dual engine truck . the exauste headers for it would have to link togerther to produce more power people that know motorcycles would enderstand why . what do u guys think.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 PM
The_Collector

Default RE: twin engine or v-twin

From working with tractors, I have concluded that OHV v-twins are more efficient and generally more powerful than opposed twin flatheads. I still like working with the opposed engines because they are tough and cheaper to fix.
But, for an R/C chassis, the best would be an inline twin (one cylinder in front of the other), because it would save space. opposed and v-twins are wider and have the shaft in the center. I suppose it would depend on how the chassis would be designed. I imagine two carbs are needed, because an intake manifold is suited for twins that have equal distances between the cylinder and the carb.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:01 PM
silent_echo

id be very intrested in seeing one, i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work, saying it simply, make the crank longer, and add another rod, pisten,sleeve and so on...running off one carb? possibly. its a very good idea....ive never though of it though, lol
Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
-whitey-

i know its possible to make an engine at home meaby i can try to build it... or not i would need to work with someone who knows