Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help me pick a car

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
v1d9uy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me pick a car

ok well first off i need it to be electric and it must be able to handle perty rough terrain be fun to jump and bash yet be able to take to the track ... and try to compete
im perty sure it needs to be 4x4 now i thought about converting a rustler or stampede to 4x4 ... but i dont think there all that race worthy then. the emaxx is a bit outa my price range
unless i can find a cheap roller.... that has the tranny . so with all that to concider i was thinking a buggy now i like the dark impact by tamiya but i dont think my local HS will ever carry parts for it and i would prefer something i can just go to the HS and get ... even tho its 50miles away ... so now im thinking a xx4 or xxx4 i am mainly worried about these cuz they dont look easy to work on ... like the drivetrain but i havent ever seen one in person so maybe im wrong. ok what u guys think ? is this a competative car that is also a good basher and jumper ? that i can find parts for easy ? if not anyone got any better ideas? besides get more money lol

Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help me pick a car

well there is also the electric savage and the e-zilla. i would go with the electric savage. but thet may be too expensive....hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if you have at least $500 bucks to spend to get everything for an electric one, but you are also willing to accept 2wd, i would buy the Team Losi XXX-T RTR2 Brushless. It has insane power and the motor is almost maintenence free and it also comes with a great radio/transmitter package and costs $369.99. and then you will need at least 2 battery packs which could set you back $40 to $100 depending on the power(mAh) and whether the cells are matched. Then you will also need a charger, and depeneding on the brand, the type, and the different things it can do will range from about $40-$300, but you can buy a decent, simple prediction peak charger for about $50. And total that could cost you anywhere from $450 to $600. But for a beginer i would always recomend Team Losi or Team Associated. They have great things for people just getting into the R/C hobby.

and as usual, if you can, go to your hobby shop and talk to someone there. they will be willing to set you up with everything you need to get started and they are very helpful.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:24 PM
v1d9uy

well whatever i get i will get off of ebay ... and i will get it as a roller if i can also u didnt mention any buggies is there a reason for this ? that e-zilla looks alot like a toy rc... am i wrong ?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

You can try Tamiya DF-02 or DF-03, 4WD buggies. They are low price and if you are new to r/c, Tamiya is an excellent choice. If your LHS don't carry T parts, you can get on Ebay easily. Most 4WD buggies are expensive and are race oriented.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 09-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Doahh

yes you are way wrong.... the Ezilla is a very hobby grade car more hobby grade than the tamiya