Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Vega V2 Speed Controller HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
bairdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vega V2 Speed Controller HELP!!

Hi, just bought a second hand Vega V2 speed controller from my mate and fitted it to my R/C 1/10th car and it started to smoke when i switched it on, it melted the outer case aswell. and now it doesn't work, what would be the best way to fix it, has any1 got experiance in fixing ESC's?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 PM
rcxboy

Default RE: Vega V2 Speed Controller HELP!!

You can't fix ESCs without a circuit diagram and DETAILED electronics knowledge. It's broken.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 AM
bairdy

Surely you must be able to trace what capacitor /resistor etc is broken by checking resistance, voltage over each 1 to find out what 1 is faulty? or is that not the case?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:55 AM
thecrow2k

Id say youveprobably plugged it in backwards and shorted it out. Ive once plugged my nosram in backwards, as soon as I saw smoke I quickly pulled the plugs out and the speedo still worked.

Id sent it to the distributor of Vega or Vega themselves. Should cost about 20quid to fix