Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

A story back when i was a noob with my nitro RC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

A story back when i was a noob with my nitro RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 PM
RCxTurbomaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A story back when i was a noob with my nitro RC

Alright if your a nitro rc newbie listen up, if you're not it's a good story so u can read anyway if u want.

One time when i 1st got my Nitro RC and was still a noob with it. I couldn't start it so i turned transmitter off (to save batteries) and checked that everything was kool. Then i put the boddy back on and it started. BUT, i had forgot to turn the transmitter on so my car shot off full throttle and i still not realizing what had gone wrong.
It rammed straight into a gutter at about 50km/h. Then it flipped on its back and the revs were geting higher and higher. I then finally realized that my tansmitter was turned off so i quickly turned it on put the idling right down and braked, it slowly stopped. Damage = Snapped front right suspension arm, cracked fuel tank, bent suspension arm axle, body absolutely smashed and the cross piece front axle cracked in half.
Took about 3 weeks to get it up and running again. With awesome new yellow and black body.
That was a long time ago and i'm no longer a noob its just a lesson for newbies out there to always have your transmitter on!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM
RS4rallydriver

Default RE: A story back when i was a noob with my nitro RC

always good advice: transmitter on >> car on. then car off>> tranmitter off. never the other way around.[8D]
Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
pinq

Default RE: A story back when i was a noob with my nitro RC

unless your transmitter has a failsafe, but it's always good to make sure that transmitter's on first and off last =D