Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

On Road Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:36 PM
maneki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Road Car

I noticed the poll on the best RTR. I have a question. What do you guys recomend for a road car? Currently I have a T-Maxx and GS Storm, and am looking into getting a road car. I've had really good luck with both of these and noticed GS makes the Vision Pro, and also Traxxas makes the 4-Tec Pro. Any other sugestions or experiences with On Road Nitro's??? I'm totally undecided on which to get (Traxxas, GS, HPI, etc.)
Old 03-17-2003, 10:16 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default On Road Car

when i buy an on-road ....if its not months from now i will get either the
traxxas 4-tec
"The Nitro 4-Tec is race ready with its adjustable 2-speed transmission, full ball bearings, 3-belt drive system, disc brake, and racing tires on 2.0 mesh tuner wheels. The 2.5mm blue anodized aluminum chassis is fully countersunk on the bottom, including the special engine mounting screws"

or the
team associated tc3
"Team Associated’s shaft-drive RC10TC3 changed the face of electric touring car racing forever....Of course, everybody wants a two-speed in their nitro sedan, so we created a new two-shoe (clutch-type) externally adjustable two speed that solved the common problems of reliability and "floating" shift points found on "finger" type two-speeds.....The Nitro TC3 is the only nitro touring car that accommodates either pull-start, side exhaust, or rear-exhaust engines, both slide-valve or rotary carburetors, and your choice of flat-pack, hump-pack or dry-cell receiver battery configurations."

and those are reasons why ....also price...im not racing vs mugens or anything so it will do fine for me with out spending too much.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:40 PM
maneki

Default On Road Car

I'm trying to keep the cost down also. It's just something to play with in the parking lots or up and down the street.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Wild Gopher

Default On Road Car

ive noticed with the Nitro TC3 RTR version(maybe all TC3 kits) that the parts are very fragile. It seemed like every time my friend lightly tapped a wall, the entire front end would break. Something you might wanna consider since you said you were on a budget. If you wanna good RTR that is solid...Go HPI, but dont expect it to be a competitive track racer.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:20 AM
KyleSch

Default On Road Car

Yup HPI is extremely sturdy.

Yesterday I let my friend drive it (HUGE MISTAKE lol) and I explained to him how to drive it. I told him not to floor it and just make it go in 2 mph circles until he can steer it and stuff. Well I don't know if he meant to do this but he gunned it and then must have forgotton how to brake! He slammed into the wall at around 40mph, luckily all that broke was the front shock mount and the left front a arm. I consider myself lucky though because there was a sewer drain about 2 feet from there he crashed!
Old 03-18-2003, 01:40 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default On Road Car

Man if you wanna keep costs down go with a street force. 50+ mph for 180.00 with .15 engine. Add some 45 dollar futabab radio gear and you are ready for some balls to the walls speed. Its also very durable. Ove rolled mine a few times with and without body on and the only things that broke were the body posts(typical on any car).

heres what you should get

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPX75&P=7

and........

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXASX3**&P=7
Old 03-18-2003, 01:51 AM
Mauly

Default On Road Car

I just purchased the street force, it's my first rtr and it kicks ass, break in was easy and its very durable....the body that was included was crap but otherwise, a top notch kit.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:53 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default On Road Car

Ya i ditched the body aswell. The engine is sooooo realible. It never fails to start and hold a tune very well.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Mauly

Default On Road Car

agreed, the street force is a great inexpensive kit, so much so Im buying another one next month....I put a mini cooper shell on mine....best rtr hands down IMHO
Old 03-18-2003, 04:32 AM
j.d.roxx

Default On Road Car

Go for the Vision Pro, it has a 4 mm chassis, a centax type clutch, carbon fiber radio tray and is fully tunable. If you do you will need a .12 engine and pipe, radio, and starter box. Oops, just reread your post and i see you want to keep cost down, dont get the Vision then, it is a big investment! Sorry about that!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:44 AM
ColombianorTr

Default On Road Car

like he said
Old 03-19-2003, 04:45 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default On Road Car

go with the 4tec, traxxas is probably one of the most durable brands out there IMO.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:52 AM
maneki

Default On Road Car

Too bad they still don't make the HPI Nitro Mini. It looks pretty cool. Wonder why they stoped making them?
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default On Road Car

you can still get them at ebay.. jus look