Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Bud Nosen 310

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Theron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bud Nosen 310

Im considering starting to build one of these big birds. How well does this one fly on one engine?
Old 05-11-2003, 05:40 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bud Nosen 310

Theron:

A scale Cessna 310 has two things against it. The nacelles are fairly far out on the wings, and the tail moment is fairly short.

This leads to a fairly (there's that word again) high VMC, making the airplane one that I would not recommend to a beginner.

With the larger models the reactions aren't as quick, but at the same time once the departure happens it takes longer to recover.

With both engines running the 310 flies a little bit "Heavy," but it flies well. Problems arise only with one engine dead.

If you have an experienced twin instructor who will work with you, you might do very well with this plane.

Otherwise pick a different plane for your first twin. The Pica Duellist 2/40, and the Northeast Aerodynamics Twin-Air 45 are both good choices. The Duellist is more sleek, the Twin-Air is easier to build. Both fly about the same, with the Twin-Air having a slight edge in being easy to fly on one engine.

Bill.