Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zipp Kits Crackerbox build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zipp Kits Crackerbox build

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zipp Kits Crackerbox build

The prop is a 275, just balanced, sharpened, and polished as it comes from Dasboata.com. Runs alot better than the 6516/3 I had on it origionally.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
WILDGAS

Hi Webdr, I saw your video, and I saw that you put the skeg (Double like a real) in the half of your hull. Why do you do this?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Great looking boat webdr. Can you by any chance show the the installation of the skegg at the keel of the boat? or is it below the engine?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 AM
webdr

The skeg is a marine specialties double-fin large. All I did was cut a slot under the engine and pushed it through from the inside. It has a mounting flange so it stays put. I then glassed it in from the inside. Very easy.
Matt
Old 01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
fatstouty

hi, I have a crackerbox that I am buiding its not a zip and I have some question about props and what i should use? I have a engine that is a homelite 30cc but needs some parts like clutch, bell housing. It runs good but Ive been having trouble finding parts for it. I was looking at other motors but don't
know witch one to pick for the boat. I will take some pics and put them on for you all to see. Its my first crackerbox and I need some help? If anybody has pics of inside the boat that would be helpful. mark
Old 02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
gosport86

hey faststouty, why not just get a air cooled zenoah or cy/sikk engine? much better then that homelite and there are tons of parts.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
nickyszoe

webdr, that boat blowing over was cool !! hope it was alright after that flip . great video !! some people film and they are half way across the lake and you can't see the boat !! your's was great !!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
nickyszoe

does anybody know if they still make the v-box boat on the zippkits web page and what is the z-box boat they are working on ? any info would help thanks !!!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best person to ask is Joe himself but my thinking is the v box is discontinued,pitty as i like the looks of that one myself.
Mart
Old 03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
nickyszoe

yeah , it looks cool . i am new to boats and don't know if i want a cracker or easy vee is one hull faster then the other . i was thinking of cracker box and maybe triming it up and making it look like a v-box if possible . i would like to make something that looks like a old flat bottom v-drive . i had my eye on that easy vee but i'm starting to like that cracker box more .
Old 03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
martno1fan

Better go with the easy vee,vee hulls are more stable and the easy vee id say is a tad faster than the cbox.Cboxes are renowned for been a bit flighty so not ideal for a first boat from what i hear and def a lot harder to setup than a vee id say although ive never ran one.The easy vee is a great boat for a beginer and can be very fast but dont let the beginer bit put you off ,a few guys i know have them and they love them.
Mart
Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
nickyszoe

i got to ask is a boat slower with a clutch . i know its more weight does it have any afect on performance at all .
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: nickyszoe

i got to ask is a boat slower with a clutch . i know its more weight does it have any afect on performance at all .
It will be slower with a clutch but it depends what you want from your boat,if its just for play then a clutch is a good idea.Some run a water pump from the pulse of the motor but i ran a vee with a clutch without a pump with no problems simply because i didnt stay still for long .
It just means you cant sit still otherwise the motor can overheat,but its fine if you just use the clutch for easy launching and bringing back to shore to run without a water pump.
Mart
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
blizard05

You can stil get the V box, the Z box is designed to be both IMPBA and NAMBA leagle.The one with the flat deck in my pics. I have 5 zipp kits Vbox,Nbox,Ibox,Zbox and easyV
Old 03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
nickyszoe

o.k. i see what your saying about the clutch thing . blizard05 i would love to see your boats but you don't have pics in your gallery . will that v-box do 50 mph with a decent motor in it . i'm just putting something together to play with out on the lake on the weekends . but i don't want no junk meaning the motor .
Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
blizard05

Pics are in the general discussion

section, my V box and easyV are on the Zipp kits site. Larry B
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
nickyszoe

how do i know when to use a double water or a single water pick up . i will be using a dry pipe . i don't want to buy something i don't need to save some money.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
dicko

If you run water through your head and your pipe, use a double, one line to the head, the other to the header & pipe. If you only run water to the head, use a single.

Some people use a single and go from the head to the header & then the pipe. I prefer a twin pickup.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 AM
skboatman

ORIGINAL: webdr

Heres the running video and pics from today.

Im impressed at how well it runs, ride attitude is good, speed was GPS'ed at 50.2mph.

We has 20-30mph winds at the lake and I had 2 blow-overs. The water was pretty choppy and it handled it well.

http://webdrgraphics.com/cracker/crackerboxvideo.wmv
Hey Matt,
Great boat ....love the video.....probly watched it 10 times.....
I went and got a WHH cracker.....it has the m5 zen in it with a wet pipe. not sure of size but is the 2 blade prop the Tony supplied with it. I finally got it trimmed pretty good. with the tabs up it bounced alot and was a little hard to control. now with tabs down a little it runs to wet and i lose speed.
Anyway.....I have not GPS'd it ,,,,but it doesnt seem to run near as fast as your Zipp cracker. I do have a clutch as im just a sport runner with my 10y/o son.
Can you give me some hints as to get this thing to run as an m5 zen should ??? Thanks for any info you can give !!!! Steve K.