Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Viper Jet updated news

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Viper Jet updated news

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 09:12 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viper Jet updated news

For those got their Viper Jet. Please check your wings incident and stabs before flying.
We got one crash at SPM. No proof to pin point what had happen to it. But he thinks the wings and stabs incident was off cause of the crash. This was never check before flight. He pull new kit out the box to check. He did find the wings off by 1/2 degree and stabs are 1.5 degree.
I had test flew three Viper myself. Their are fly the same without any problem. I just check the wings and stabs with my eyes. So I could be lucky on all of them.
So take few minute to check the wings and stabs.
Best to check before put it together
If the stab are off. That can be easy fix.
If the wings are off more than 1/2 degree. Please contact me or your dealer to arrange exchance for another kit.
From now on. I'll check all of my stock and fix it before shipping. I request Cermak to do the same with their stock.

Also,
Please check for the glue join on all the flying surface. Some the kit might had poor glue join. Put some exposy to seal off the gap.
After that. Seal off all the surface gap with gap seal. If some of your already got the kit.
You can get the gap seal at OSH supply, Home Depot and Lowe. You can find it at door & window installation accessories. The gas seal I pick up. Name brand MD Door & Window. V-Flex weatherstrip. Part# 03525. Their website. www.mdteam.com
I'll attach the pictures to show you guys what it look like.

Brg,
Tam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73393.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	65994  
Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper Jet updated news

And make sure your ailerons are not reversed

Just my $0.02

Johnny Hernandez
Old 10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

I witnessed the "flight" of the viper jet at Superman. I doubt it was the fault of the airplane.... the test pilot has a LOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGG history of crashing airplanes and this "flight" was no exception. It took off smoothly made a sweeping left turn then entered into rocking of the wings half way down the back side of the circuit followed by a steeply banked turn followed by a steep dive into the ground.....followed by a loud crunching noise that shook the ground half a mile away. Total incompetence by the pilot.....especially since he did not even bother to have a spotter at the line with him. This is one individual that does NOT need a turbine waiver. I personally have never seen him complete a flight without wadding the airplane up into a ball.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:13 PM
unknown

Hey david whats up with you.???? I got to deal with some guys like you.

SO call Experts
Old 10-07-2003, 05:31 PM
DavidR

Unknown,

I sign my name to every post I make most people know who I am. I don't hide behind my computer like you do. Sign your name and you can deal with me anytime!

David Reid
Old 10-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Terry Holston

Give 'em He!! David........... LOL I sign mine, too... Ha Ha
Old 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
unknown

My identity is beside the point. This pilot( Malcom) lost his jet not to mention his engine repair or replace also electronic. He is out thousands of dollars. Cermark or tam probably replace the airframe. But after your comment they probably change their mines

Stop add insult to injury.

I know what tam is talking about. After gluing the stabs to to fuselage (viper) the alignment was way off so i cut them off and order new sets . If i did not pay attention my first flight would be a disaster. And some idiot would say my jet crash because i can,t fly my jet.

We all greet each other at jet events thats what matter
User name does not mean your real name [sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 10-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Where can I be down like that. I don't know what happened, nor do I care to guess, but UNKNOWN when I dork one of my planes can I also get a manufacturer to replace it just cause I lost a lot of money in the other equipment? Where do I sing up?

Turbulence
and for those other's that like to hide and don't know me, it's Ralph "Turbulence" Salgado
Old 10-07-2003, 07:11 PM
jettset99
My Feedback: (7)

Dear Unknown goodluck with your viper I seen them fly without problems, as long as you take care of the issues.As for David Reid your comments are un called for, Malcom is a very helpfull guy ,when I got a kit without parts he took care of me right away! you should not be aloud to post anymore after this personal attack on Malcom! We dont need guys like you in this hobby going around bashing! If your so concerned about someones bad flying anability's help them, thats what its all about! Paul Pigneri 1 714 281-8562
Old 10-07-2003, 07:19 PM
unknown

jettset99

Well said sir thats all i'm saying. you would not like to lose an aircraft and some
one laughing behind you back.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul,

You don't know what you're talking about!!!! Helpful or not---It doesn't mean that you're qualified to have a turbine waiver....What if this guy killed someone. What would your posture be if that were to happen???

Kevin
Old 10-07-2003, 07:21 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.K.
Here is my last post before closing this thread. It getting nasty.
Anyways,
In the last two days I been digging for evidence of the crash. I know exactly what happen to Malcom Viper when down base on eye witness at the scence. It got nothing to do with wing incedent being of by 1/2 or 1 degree different. My are also of by 1 degree. That can adjust with 2 click with aileron and flew just fine. Many had witness me flying successfully with 3 different kit out the box.
So I rest my case. There is nothing wrong with the plane. This plane was tested by me 2 months before going to production. So I did my best to had this plane built safe to fly. When I heard the crash. Is my job is to inspect for evidence that I might had over look. So far there is nothing wrong with the plane to support the crash.
The only thing I suggest customer to check for the glue join of the flying surface.
Using exposy to seal off the glue gap and using gap sealers on all the flying surface.
The kits I start shipping out today do have gap sealer included.
So some of you bought the kit earlier. Contact me if you can't find the gap seal at your local home improvement store. I can get it out at no charge.
Good luck to all the customers already got their Viper Jet.
You will enjoy how well this Viper Jet fly.
Just make sure to check for all the flying control are correct and check your radio gear on the ground at least for 4-6 hrs before maiden flight.

Sincerely,
Tam
Please close this thread.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unknown,

I just read your last post. NO ONE IS LAUGHING HERE AS THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER...Get a clue!!!

Kevin
Old 10-07-2003, 07:24 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Since TAM has followed up this one on the jet, and as requested, it is closed.

Next time lets stop the people bashing please..

Thanks