Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 73" CAP & MOKI 1.8 ??

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 73" CAP & MOKI 1.8 ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 01:12 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 73" CAP & MOKI 1.8 ??

just getting around to putting together my second h9 chapman cap.. the first had a st 2300 & was unimpressive !! i want to stuff my moki 1.8 with bcm pitts under the cowl.. anyone flying this combo ?good 3d machine ? can it be done without butchering the cowl ? whats the best prop? any clearance issues ? (the motor is on my ultrastick now & i had to put on 5" wheels to get the apc 17-8 to clear the ground )what are you using for elevator control (i,d like to do away with the pushrod ) how was the cg ??any advice appreciated...thanks rob m [email protected]
Old 12-01-2003, 11:03 AM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: H9 73" CAP & MOKI 1.8 ??

ok combo for me Mine hovered a little less than full throttle, but then again I haven't played around with props.. I had an 18x6-10 on it. Guess I should fix mine someday soon... it snapped itself into the ground
Old 12-02-2003, 05:33 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

did your moki fit under the cowl ?? did you have any ground clearance issues with the prop ?your advice is appreciated !! thanks rob m
Old 12-03-2003, 10:36 AM
deckerv

My Moki's head was flush with the cheek portion of the cowel, so I cut it out.. I have a bisson muffler on it, and it had to take a pretty large cutout on the bottom of the plane for that too.. There was no ground clearance issues with a 18" prop though...

You'll like the combo I'm sure.
take care,
Deck
Old 12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
deckerv

Also, I'd toss the CA hinges that it came with.. mine started to break on the ailerons.. this winter I'm going to put Robart Hingepoints in there instead.....