Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME 50

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:49 AM
lucas-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 50

I had this new since Feb, the motor run well once the first time, then shuts off. I have sent it back, very good Customer service. They check the motor, sent the ingntion to C & H all check out.
2nd flight it just stoped again. No spark. check Battery , switch, all the wire nothing.
Inform them of it.
They are telling me maybe they have a bad bunch of sensors. Not to fire it unless it was grounded.
We have not done this the engine was in flight and running all times and just stops.
They say that there are 2500 of thease out there, anyone else having problem?
Old 06-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Cap232tain

Default RE: BME 50

Yes, but mine turned out to be a bad ignition switch that would only show up after some heat was generated in flight, maybe 3-5 minutes into the flight. Their customer service is great and I followed all their suggestions and tracked the problem down. Reciently had a high speed problem that they think is the hall effect sensor and it should be here tomorrow. I had used a Great Planes ignition switch that I mounted up front, they don't seem to like heat, replaced the switch and moved it away from heat and no problem since.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:11 AM
lucas-RCU

The ingntion was shot, sent it back to C & H again they next day me a new, all works fine.
customer service was good at both BME and C&h .
But they could improve on the sensors, the way they are buildt, and installed is weak.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I've had no prob with mine at all. I used a Futaba switch w/charging jack on it, and just spliced Futaba connectors onto the C&H wiring. Glad you got it fixed. I really like my BME too, it's got very good power, and have had no prob with it at all.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

I had a similar prpoblem on a CH Zenoah G26. CH checked it out and said they found nothing wrong, but they did change the pick-up (sensor) just in case. That must have been the problem as it has worked perfectly ever since.