Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

REALFLIGHT G2 LIGHT

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

REALFLIGHT G2 LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 06:50 PM
harpe2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALFLIGHT G2 LIGHT

YES WHAT I'M WONDERING IS WHEN TRYING TO HOVER THE TRAINER HELI IS IT NORMAL FOR IT TOO WONDER AND WANT TOO FLY WHERE IT WANTS TOO IS THERE SOME SETTINGS SOMEWHERE FOR IT....

THANK YOU
Old 07-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Conman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: REALFLIGHT G2 LIGHT

i have regular G2 and all the helis wander around and want to fly off and do their own thing. they are touchy, just like the real thing. practice with hovering is the thing to do, and maybe turn down the weather settings. thermal activity and wind make 'em harder to handle
Old 07-30-2004, 07:36 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi harpe2005,
Hey, quit shouting. Turn off the caps lock key and talk in a normal tone of voice.
Actually, I disagree with Conman a little bit. The G2 helis are not like the real things. I think that real helis are even twitchier than G2 represents them.
Now, to give Conman credit, all of my experience is with micro helis that are twitchier than bigger helis. I know that 30 sized helis are much more stable than the micro helis I have flown. But, yes, they do wander and try to go where they want to go.
The setting to correct this is the transmitter in your hands. You have to fly the heli. That is the exciting part of the challenge of RC helicopters.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Conman

oh also there is setting somewhere in the program to adjust the amount of "realism" in the way stuff flies. yeah maybe the models are twitchier than the simulator. i too have flown mainly small helis. it seemed to me G2 helis were touchy to hover, but more stable in forward flight, but then again my experience level would be novice. my main model is ECO8. i will say thid for the simualtor: it helps. i could tell in my flying of the model that the time spent practicing on the computer made a difference. G2 is a good thing
Old 07-30-2004, 04:15 PM
harpe2005

ti just cannot seem too gett he thing too hover for me thanks guys for all the help i can fly the thing around prety well.....better than too be exspected actually....i'll just keep at wanted soem stick time before i invested in a heli is all..been flying fixed wing for awhile but more interested in the helis......thanks again
Old 07-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Conman

just keep at it. i can hover decent in the simulator, but it is not completely rock solid still. actually, i can fly my model in hover better. so i figure G2 will make me better yet
Old 08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
WOOT

let the helicopter tell you what to do because baisicly helicopters are unstable