Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

dragonfly22e

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 PM
mantis*tw*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragonfly22e

does anyone own this model? what are the good points and bad points to it?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:15 AM
tngo

Default RE: dragonfly22e

I am a newbie to this hobby as well. I have read about honey bee cp2, dragonfly #4 and various model of the walkera, 22a-e, 35 and 36. But, I have narrowed down to several with number 1 as the highest order of choice for purchasing:
1. honey bee cp2 ccpm
2. dragonfly 22e
3. dragonfly #4

I know the cp2 is a cp, and the dragonfly #4 is a fp type. But, I am not sure if the stock 22e is a cp. From what I've read, the 22e is capable of ccpm.
1. Is that mean that the stock 22e is a cp type?
2. Does it also mean that the 22e is ccpm capable right out of the box (with the proper config on the tx) like the cp2?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Regards,
Tngo

Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
LUCKEYDAWG

i'm new to this. i've got a quick question.... tonight i hooked up my battery and the blades spun wide open! i put trim to zero and still wide open!! what the heck...????????? oh yeah the aluminum head unit from rcandme.com is well worth it.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Kevinator9

Did you turn on your tx first and then plug in the batt?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 PM
LUCKEYDAWG

yes mutiple times. unplug motor, then plug batt then the motor still vrrroooommm!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:50 AM
neweheliflyer

22E is a CP helicopter. But will recommend go for the Honey bee [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=10]esky cp2[/link], better quality.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Kevinator9

I'm sorrt but I don't have that heli so I'm not sure what might be wrong. Ask in the 22e thread...http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...age_186/tm.htm
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
csturgeon80

check your idle up switch...4 ni 1 shouldn't initialize with it flipped...but just in case...make sure it is in the norm,(N), possition...that's the switch on the right of the transmitter...up possition...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
kley

whatever you do dont get the walkera 22e i own one and had it kinda flying about 2 days then the electronics werent cooperating and forced the heli to crash an shred the rotor head. also the tail motor for me was imposible to trim i had it at the farthest setting and still wouldnt stay strait
Old 02-23-2007, 05:48 PM
NY Rebel
My Feedback: (1)

MANY on here have had great success with the 22e (visit the "22e Let's Talk" thread). It is a great flying heli when properly setup and trimmed. Although it is not a "trainer", many people use it as a first heli due to it's relatively low price.
ORIGINAL: kley

whatever you do dont get the walkera 22e i own one and had it kinda flying about 2 days then the electronics werent cooperating and forced the heli to crash an shred the rotor head. also the tail motor for me was imposible to trim i had it at the farthest setting and still wouldnt stay strait
Old 02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price for the 22e is at a really "attractive" level here:
http://www.hobby4less.com/products_heli.htm
If only the electronics weren't Walkera!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
newborn2b1

I would say its a great peace but you have to have the triming set right i'm a beginner and its hard because it moves vary fast and quick even thou i crashed about 10 and put it back together its fun ( does anyone have the blueprints for this model 22e?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 AM
zeese5

>1. honey bee cp2 ccpm
>2. dragonfly 22e
>3. dragonfly #4

If you want a nice first-time flying experience, go for fixed pitch heli, like dragonfly 4 or colco thunderbird 4.
FP heli is so durable that even you crash it like 10 or 20 times, the heli is probably still in good condition.
As for CP heli especially with stock 22E, a single crash will cost you a lot of money.

Similarity between CP & FP for beginner
-using either heli, the first thing you're going to do is learn to hover : tail in, side in, nose in.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM
dragonflyboy22e

ALLRIGHTY THEN SO

I RIPPED THIS THING APART I MEAN EVERYTHING FROM THE TRANSMITTER TO THE RECEIVER I WENT ON THE NET AND FOUND THE EXPLODED VIEW OF THE HELICOPTER.

SO here is the skinny guys inside the transmitter youll notice that trying to trim either the swash plate or main rotor blades are next to impossible for side ways movement hahaha got it fixed then youll notice that the tail rotor has an issue being trimmed well got that fixed and we all think its the receiver unit hahahahahaahh not at all its the transmitter. The heli does what you tell it to er go you have to rip arpart the transmitter in order to fix all the problems we gotta remeber mass produced in a place that time is money. So er go this is where the problem is going to be your going to need a good souldering iron and a lot of patienece if you want this thing to fly not to mention putting on the metal head up grade for the helicopter in order for you to avaoid the problems of iot breaking the thing is that I think that people are not willing to take the time to go through all the things that you need in order to fix ther thing in order to make it work properly we all think that a rtf should be just that but it is not. SO. INSIDE THE TRANSMITTER when you get the four screws outta the back it comes apart kinda easy you dont get a lot of room to move things around inside there but you at least get enough room to look at a few things. I had to be really slow when I went through it in order to make it work for the problem with the swash plate. The is some plug wire connectors that you have toswitch around. basically youll find that the tail movement left and right and forward movement will be on the right side and the bevel side to side and throttle will be on the left side. IF there was a way to post pics on this sight it might be easier to show everyone. OH YEAH YOU BUY IT FROM EBAY YOU HAVE NO WARRANTY SO THE HECK WITH WORRYING ABOUT IT. I SAY RIP ER ARPART AND EXPLORE. I HAD FUN TEARING IT ALL APART AND PUTTING THE METAL HEAD UPGRADE ON. I ALOS GOT A SPARE RECEIVER IF ANYONE IS LOOKING TO BUY ONE. LOL so dont go spending your money on another receiver its not the receiver its not the rust or anything its a matter of needing to tinker with stuff and become a cobbler. well that enough for now if someone knows how to post pictures let me know or when I could upload a few to give the answers to you guys.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 AM
heliaction

At the bottom of the page you will find a "post reply". click that then you will be taken to a page where you can write your message. At the bottom of the reply box you will see "upload pic".

FWW you might be better posting in the walkera section, there is a thread there that is almost 500 pages of just 22e stuff.