Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 4.6 wont wheelie!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
QuietQuackers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 4.6 wont wheelie!

Hi, new here, I'm new to nitro and was wondering if anyone could help. I have bough a Savage 4.6 with 3 speed. It is run in and I have started to tune it. Regardless of what I do it wont wheelie! Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
burnchassis3

Default RE: Savage 4.6 wont wheelie!

The engines dont usually wake up till you have ran about 3/4 gallon through them....Dont get to pissed off before then.
If you have ran it that much ,and still no wheelie...What gears are you running?
Also be sure your brakes arent dragging.
CS
Old 04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
ShadeyBloke

A 4.6 that wont wheelie??? Something amiss there.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
ViperX

i had exactly the same problem( really not a problem ). if u look back u will find my thread sayin exactly what ur sayin and believe it when i say it. be patient. i actually have a savage x with a SS 4.6 engine. a week back when i started tuning it, it was running really fast but i didnt see any wheelies and was gettin very impatient. i thought i was doing somethin wrong. took it out few more times and without doing anything to it, one day it started wheelieing. the wheelies were at a point of no control. i was amazed. now my truck does wheelies on command. i agree with burnchassis3. to see the truck run to it full potential, u ll have to run few tanks through it. once the engine will open uo, u ll be surprised and without a doubt will crash ur truck every now and again.

the 4.6 engine is high torque powerful engine. probably more power than u ll ever need.

i was using 47t spur gear and 18t clutch bell.

just sit back and relax. and let you engine warm up a little.

i hope ur using 25% nitro fuel
Old 04-04-2006, 05:24 PM
QuietQuackers

Thanks, I'll run a few more tanks through it and see what happens.
Could the outside temperature affect the performance of the engine? (Living in UK=very cold!)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Rush15

quackers its not that cold! u make out as if it snows everyday. ive just dropped an RB TM728 into my sav SS (25) and ime just waiting for ito wake up. if you look in video from england ulle find the vid. thats had less than half a gallon through it of o donnels 20%
Old 04-04-2006, 06:41 PM
ViperX

ofcourse the weather could effect it which means that you would have to run it a little longer to warm it up and see some high performance. i m from london and it was freezing here 3 weeks back. for breaking in the engine i had to use aluminium foil for it to reach suitable temperature. now the sun is coming out nearly everyday. engine warms up much quicker.

ORIGINAL: QuietQuackers

Thanks, I'll run a few more tanks through it and see what happens.
Could the outside temperature affect the performance of the engine? (Living in UK=very cold!)
Old 04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your slipper is tight and throw some 30% in it and you'll get tired of doing wheelies. Also a set of worn clutch shoes will cause it to not wheelie as well as a loose slipper.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:05 AM
amwhite2005

I have the same problem with a Savage X and standard engine. I have only put about 2 Litres through it, but it's not wheelieing. I also have an 18 tooth cluth bell (came with the X) and I was wondering what difference this makes to the speed and power, and can I just put it straight in, or do I need to change any other gears?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
the dog

you dont know what cold is im afraid grasshopper.
i had same problem at first. and sure enough after about .75 gallons it was outta control. one thing about the cold is if it doesnt say get to about 225f it isnt gonna wheelie. so if you dont wrap the head its gonna have a hard time reaching that temp. mine will just barely start to wheelie at about 210f.
i also dont have anything dry to wheelie on so i cant anyway.
it should wheelie even with the slipper backed off a 1/8 turn. i tighten mine all the way cause im on snow,ice so it doesnt matter it its tight or not.
be patient and let it get up to some good temps cause if you dont its not really broken in yet.
just my opinion, im no expert.