Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC500 please help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Sirashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC500 please help?

Okay, first off, this is my first post...WooHoo!!!... Now for the question, I had a buddy of mine give me an old school Team Associated RC500. I understand parts for these are hard to come by. The car is actually in great shape, I was just curious if any parts from new associated stuff will work on it like tires and rims. That is really all I need to get going. Oh yeah, and I need a body for it, it seems like any of those lemans type 1/8th scale bodies would fit, will they? Thanks for your time///
Old 01-12-2007, 01:51 AM
KillerKiwi
Banned

Default RE: RC500 please help?

You should go to your psychiatrist for help! Not RCU, RCU will only make you a bigger idiot!!!

RCU is packed with idiots!

Old 01-12-2007, 07:01 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I looked at the manual and saw the axle, the hex on the wheel is kinda unique, (not sure if its hex at all). Plus there are pins extending (like the bolts on real cars that hold the wheels - but these are not threaded ).

It looks like new stuff will not work (wheels). But other stuff like electronics and engines, they are pretty much universal, (standard).

Can you post some photos.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Sirashley

Actually I'm going to work on it Sunday night and get it cleaned up, I'll take some pics of it then and post them up. I noticed that the axle and whatnot seems a bit unique but perhaps I can fabricate something, it would make things alot easier. I do have a manual so I'll take a look at it. I'll see what I can figure out, has anyone on here fabricated anything to make it work?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Nitro Fumes

Well, I can't really answer your question about available parts. But when I got started in this hobby it was in 1983 and it was with the Associated RC 500. It was state of the art at that time. The first on road car with true independent suspension. I used to race with a father and son that were Team Associated drivers. They always had prototype parts to use before they were available for every one else. They had the first 2-speed. I think I bought the very first one when it came out too. In '87 after Associated won the Worlds we all switched to Serpent Excels or BMT's. Those were the good old days. Always new stuff coming out to blow your money on to make the cars go faster.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Oldway

If the wheels are in good shape, you can always glue new foam to the old wheels. Any hobby shop that sells !/8 scale on-road should have them and instruct you on how to remove the old foam and glue the new.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
berthold

Hello,

We have lots of spare parts for Associated 1/8 sclae cars.

i.e. RC1, RC2, RC100, RC200, RC250, RC300, and RC500.

Please email a list of what you are looking for.

[email protected]

Thank You
Bert
Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
NitroVette

Looks like Bert's got you covered ! I would say the RC 500 is indirectly responsible for my RC addiction. A friend of mine back in '87 had a neighbor with a RC 500, it had the Greenwood Corvette body and was insanely fast compared to anything back then. Once I saw it I was hooked. Shortly after I bought an RC 10 and the rest is history. I went from electric off road to pan cars, then to drag cars and then pretty much 1/8 on road and off road for the past fifteen years. Every nitro on road car since is a direct descendant of the Associated cars, they paved the way for high speed and handling. Hope you enjoy it !
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

I would assume that any Pan Car or 1/8th onroad would use the same wheel mounts. By the way you described it , it sounds like it to me anyway.

BTW, I would love to get my hands on one of those cars.