Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Can this make a engine easy to start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:48 AM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can this make a engine easy to start?

Hey,someone told me when the engine is a pain to start put a very small squirt of methalated sprit or something called aero start.Since it is more explosive it will cause the engine to start easier?Is this true,because since our engines use gloeplugs not sprak plugs i dont think it will ignite as he is expecting.
Also what is the site calles that sells battery back something like batterypacks.com?
Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Can this make a engine easy to start?

I would not put anything but Nitro in an engine to burn....thats just asking for injuries or damage......
you are looking for cheapbatterypacks.com
Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 AM
BudBud

Hard starting is almost always too much fuel or too little fuel. A weak glow plug, charger or restricted air breather can also cause hard starting. If it is too little, dropping a couple of drops of fuel directly in the carb will get it started. I have what was advertised as a Yokomo 18 that does not like to start any other way. We have tried about everything imaginable as far as tuning. It runs excellent and starts easy hot, on a cold dry engine though, a couple of drops does wonders. Most of my engines, you prime to the carb and get fire within a couple of pulls. BB
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 AM
burnchassis3

ORIGINAL: naynay12

Hey,someone told me when the engine is a pain to start put a very small squirt of methalated sprit or something called aero start.Since it is more explosive it will cause the engine to start easier?Is this true,because since our engines use gloeplugs not sprak plugs i dont think it will ignite as he is expecting.
Also what is the site calles that sells battery back something like batterypacks.com?
the place thats been hot for the 2600 pack is http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10982.17
www.onlybatterypacks.com
CS
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Parputt537

When a nitro motor is hard to start it is either flooded or tuned wrong. I have posted these for you before and will do it again. Learn how to tune and your hard starting problems will go away:

http://www.*********.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm

http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf
Old 03-23-2008, 07:20 PM
naynay12

Ok thanks guys!I wasa just thinking maybe it would work for people that finmd it hard to start their car when it is very cold like canada,instead of warming the engine up ypou could do this.Bubbud it is the same scenario though i was thinking of putting metho or aero start...