Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

carbie/servo linkages

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 PM
youngwarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbie/servo linkages

Hi, I own a 1/10th nitro maloo ute by model engines. I've just replaced the engine in it and broken it in. Everything has been going awesome. It is the most user friendly rc car I've ever owned. Even after replacing the engine it's been almost flawless. However in trying to fine tune every aspect of the car(as it hasn't been running for a few years prior to engine replacement), I found that it was almost, I suppose, engine breaking as opposed to rolling to a stop once throttle was released. In hindsight it was just an adjustment of a spring to close throttle when released at transmitter.
However I bored in at a bull at a gate and changed more than the adjustment on the spring and have now lost my way. I've been adjusting the length of the linkage from the servo to the barrel carbie, even reverting to setting in manual but have had no luck. What the car is wanting to do now, no matter where I set this adjustment, is burn the back wheels of the car. I can't seam to be able to get it to just sit and idle on the spot(which is something that before this trouble I was amazed at how well it did it). Some times it's even spinning the wheels when the brake is on fully.
I'm sure that this is only a simple problem, and that's the same reason why it's head f**king me. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do to rectify this situation or at least start me off in the right direction.

-p.s. coinsiding with the original problem I had a slight issue with the brakes.. Am I right in thinking that the car should roll to a stop, allowing me to apply brakes if necessary?
-cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: carbie/servo linkages

Well, if you think you're experiencing engine breaking then that means your clutch is stuck, in any case its worth taking a look to make sure your clutch is working properly. If the clutch is constantly engaged even at low RPM that could explain why your car won't roll when you're off the throttle.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
TommyGun24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: carbie/servo linkages

You can try lowering the idle speed.

Its the clutch mate. Have a look and see if you can find anything obviously wrong with it, otherwise just buy new shoes and springs. If its 2 shoes id get a flywheel and upgrade to 3 while your at it with 1.1 springs. All up shouldnt cost you more than about 30 - 40 bucks.