Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

cliff climber 2 wheels not going??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

cliff climber 2 wheels not going??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:53 PM
bloodyta2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cliff climber 2 wheels not going??

hey guys, i got a duratrax cliff climber and for some reason the left side tires ( when its facing you) on front and back roll but when they meet any resistance what so ever they stop rolling, does any one know what happend? the other side works fine and will crawl up anything
thanks

also- if i turn the wheels by hand ( the ones that wont turn when they meet resistance), they kind of "bind" then turnbut dont move the other wheels, if i turn the wheels by hand that roll up when they meet resistance, all 4 tires move

*** edit i noticed when ik take those wheels off, and wiggle the axle ( or whatever the wheel nut screw on to) it fixes the problem, then after i try to use it, when it meets resistance i hear a " pop" and it starts NOT rolling again, if i take it off again wiggle it, it works again......
Old 08-24-2008, 03:07 PM
dezfan

Default RE: cliff climber 2 wheels not going??

Make sure the dog bones are installed in the inner drive cup.

Installing a small O ring (I used some from an Associated shock rebuild kit) in the outer stub shaft to keep tension on the dog bone and prevent it from coming disengaged.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:16 PM
bloodyta2
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: cliff climber 2 wheels not going??

holy cow i have no idea what you mean.. haha im new to this and i got the RTR version