Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Rally car conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
C-Mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally car conversion

Hello All,

I am looking at getting an electric rc road car to convert to a rally car but I am not sure what would be the best options. I have been looking at a few such as the RC18R or the Tamiya TT01. What's better a 1/10th scale or smaller or would the ones I am looking at work just fine? If there is a thread on this subject already please curb me that way but for now any info on cars and maybe even a good set-up ( motor, ESC, tires & wheels, suspension, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help

C-Mac
Old 03-05-2009, 04:17 PM
spartan117

Default RE: Rally car conversion

The Tamiya DF-03Ra is just what you are looking for. The kits is very inexpensive about 215. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58417 that is the tamiya website page on it. That car is based on a 1/10 4wd buggy chassis ( the DF03) and it appears to handle dirt and gravel very well. This video, http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58417 , shows the DF03Ra to be a very capable rally car.

Spartan117
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 AM
ChuckDeez

Default RE: Rally car conversion

deng, i wanna try out that chassis. probably over the summer when i get more money.