Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How does Towerhobbies easy pay work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does Towerhobbies easy pay work?

I am planning on buying a rock crawler but I don't want to get myself into a mess. I want to know do they charge a one time fee or do they charge you a fee every time they take out payments off your card?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:41 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: How does Towerhobbies easy pay work?

t's very easy to find on their website but here ya go anyway...

Easy Payments... 0% Interest... No Extra Charges!
Our Easy Pay Plan* automatically splits the cost of your Easy Pay-eligible products over the indicated amount of payments without interest or additional charges. At your request, we will automatically bill your credit card (sorry, Easy Pay is not available for PayPal or BillMeLater orders) in the indicated amount of convenient monthly installments. The first payment is charged to your credit card at the time of invoicing your order (contingent upon timely credit card confirmation and authorization) and your order is shipped immediately. Subsequent charges are billed to the credit card used on the original order every 30 days after the charge for the first payment until all your payments have been made. To use this service check the "Use Easy Pay Plan" checkbox within the Payment Method area of Express Checkout when checking out.

*Easy Pay Plan can only be applied to in-stock, Tower Hobbies Easy Pay- eligible products. Other charges, including but not limited to shipping and handling, taxes, and any items not eligible for Easy Pay will be billed on your first payment. We reserve the right to limit quantities, make credit inquiries, and assess a $15 service fee and/or suspend future Easy Pay payment options for any late payment. All monies are due and payable immediately, upon demand. We do not recommend the use of debit cards, checking cards, or virtual credit cards for Easy Pay purchases. Easy Pay is available for U.S.A. residents only.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

is it that they wont take Debit cards or will they accept them but not recommend it?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM
DaveG55

Why would you want to risk your entire account ballance by using a debit card when prepaid credit cards are so easy to buy and use. also, why are you asking these kinds of questions on an internet fourm? Tower has a toll free phone number (800-637-6050) and are open on Sundays 10am - 6pm. It seems to me like getting the information straight from the horse's mouth would be the best thing to do.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:51 PM
dacaur

yes they take debit cards if it has the visa logo on it, they don't recommend it because you have to make sure the money is the the bank and if its not, you are going to get an overdraft charge. but they have no way of knowing if its a debit card or a real credit card. The other downside to using a debit card online is that if someone gets the number and empties your account, you are NOT covered and are SOL, while with a credit card, you are NEVER responsible to pay any fraudulent charges, so if someone gets the number, it may be a pain to contact the CC company to get the charge removed, but you will get it removed. Basically though the only way they could get it when ordering from tower is if you have a Trojan horse viruse with keylogging (pretty unlikely) or someone breaking into towers database and steals it (very unlikely)

As for how easy pay works. If you were to make an order today, and you got something for $249.99. they would ship your product and charge you 83.33 plus shipping chargers today, (8/16/09), then you would get another charge of 83.33 on 9/16/09, and another charge of 83.33 on 10/16/09, and that would be it. Ive used it several times and its pretty nice.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many banks protect their debit card users online with the the same tools they afford credit card holders these days, though it's always good to check what your liable for first. In any case, online shopping comes with certain risks, but Towerhobbies is very reputable and safe.