Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

T maxx help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
jus-bored
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx help

I need some help on my t maxx. I adjust the transmission at one point so itl shift a little later ran it and it was waaaay too long I didnt have any tools. I played a little about 5 mins of playing got home adjsuted it again and then its weird.
Giving it some thorttle it wont go, I have to give it full throttle and its very sluggish. What can this be did I just burn my slipper clutch please need help on this one before I start pulling it out.</p>
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: T maxx help

ORIGINAL: jus-bored

I need some help on my t maxx. I adjust the transmission at one point so itl shift a little later ran it and it was waaaay too long I didnt have any tools. I played a little about 5 mins of playing got home adjsuted it again and then its weird.
Giving it some thorttle it wont go, I have to give it full throttle and its very sluggish. What can this be did I just burn my slipper clutch please need help on this one before I start pulling it out.</p>
Either you over tightened it, to where the spring broke.... Or you loosened it to the point, where the spring slipped off... You have to open it up and re-attach it/ or replace it... Either way. You have to open the tranny...

Old 07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
jus-bored
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the help dug, i already firgured it out and it had nothing to do with what i adjusted kind of wierd but true. The engine I guess was about ready to give up. I replaced
it with a 3.3 engine and this things hauls ***** now and I want it to wheelie.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM
dcornwell14
My Feedback: (1)

Just found this thread, but can let me know how to adjust it so that it will shift later. And how much did you adjust it?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 AM
TIGER76

The adjustment screw should be in a hole on the transmission case which sets the shift
If you tighten the slipper down it should wheelie better.